Details: Competitive Salary.
Founded in 2004, The Eagle Academy Foundation Inc’s mission is to develop and support a network of all male, grades 6 through 12, college-preparatory schools in challenged, urban communities that educate and mentor young men into future leaders committed to excellence in character, scholastic achievement and community service and to promote these principles nationally. The Foundation supports its: (1) Eagle Academy Network of Public Schools in New York City and Newark, New Jersey; and (2) Professional Development Institute
The Controller is responsible for executing and enhancing the finance and administrative functions of The Eagle Academy Foundation Inc (EAF), ensuring they are carried out with a high level of efficiency, precision and integrity. The Controller will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the President/CEO. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, and administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting and Financial Operations:
· Oversees all accounting activities of the organization and ensures compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
· Oversees and coordinates the annual budgeting, forecasting, and planning process, working closely with the management team, monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manages organizational cash flow, forecasting and supports the President/CEO in strategic business and financial planning
· Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate financial statements and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
· Oversees the Accounts Receivable and Payable, ensuring vendors are paid correctly in accordance with their terms and related expenses are properly recorded
· Reviews annual charitable registration and reporting forms and ensures they are filed
· Oversees all aspects of the annual financial audit and year-end tax return. Maintains a relationship with the external auditors, investigates their findings, and implements their recommendations.
· Works with development to prepare budgets for grant proposals and prepares financial reports and monitors of all restricted funding and grants received by the organization to ensure proper use and accounting for the funds
· Updates the EAF’s Finance Policies for compliance and procedural accuracy
· Assures continuous process improvement to ensure that the organization is running a best-in-class finance and accounting department
· Ensures internal controls are in place that protect the organization against fraud and provide assurances that the accounting records are accurate, complete and meet the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Collaborates with EAF’s payroll vendor, providing quality assurance and support to staff
- Administers employee benefits, ensuring that employees receive the communications and support they need to effectively choose and use their benefits, as aligned to compliance with laws and EAF policies
- Organizes and maintain confidential employee files,
- Reviews and updates the Employee Handbook for compliance and procedural accuracy
- Conducts compensation reviews to ensure competitiveness
- Oversees administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Organizes and maintains complete files for all revenue contracts, including government grants, advisory services contracts, and any other funding commitments
- Works with insurance broker to maintain coverage of non-personnel insurance policies
- Streamlines inefficiencies within the organization to minimize the effort required by staff to complete administrative tasks such as expense reports, while maintaining airtight internal controls.
- Coordinates supports for information technology and infrastructure
- Carries out other duties as assigned and/or as required
- Minimum of a B.A.or B.S., ideally with an MBA, MPA, CPA or related degree
- At least 7 years of progressively more responsible accounting, operations, and strategic financial experience, including experience with non-profit accounting
- Knowledge of non-profit Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants management
- Experience developing and managing systems
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of EAF.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
The Eagle Academy Foundation Inc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Education Required