Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience, please be sure to submit your requirement.
11858 LaGrange Ave.
ExED is a nonprofit organization that fosters the development and management of high performing charter schools. We believe that every child should have access to a high-quality public education, especially children in educationally underserved communities. ExED is the only nonprofit service provider in Southern California and operates offices in Los Angeles and San Diego. ExED works with more than 100 charter schools serving more than 44,000 students.
ExED provides a range of services that supports both new and existing charter schools, including: facility financing services; “CFO” services such as accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, payroll processing, and public funding compliance; and compliance and data management services. These services help our clients operate efficiently, build financial plans to meet short-term and long-term objectives, and secure affordable facilities all of which enable school leaders to spend more time working to improve student achievement at their school.
The Accounting Analyst position is based in ExED's Los Angeles office—which is comprised of over 65 team-members who work with charter schools to ensure their success. The position offers a detailed-oriented, highly organized professional opportunity to apply accounting knowledge in a unique way—by helping charter schools efficiently allocate and manage their public dollars. The Accounting Analyst will work in a collaborative, team-based environment with an Accounting Associate, Accounting Manager, and Vice President of School Finance, who oversees the operations of the entire team. The Accounting Analyst's primary responsibility will be Accounts Payable.
Accounting & Payroll:
- Coding and entering invoice and reimbursement information into accounting system.
- Reviewing vendor invoices, fulfilling check requests, scanning and storing documents, and maintaining vendor, school employee and accounting files.
- Responding to client and vendor inquiries and requests for information.
- Assisting in payroll processing and preparing journal entries as needed.
- Assisting in other activities, such as preparing monthly financial statements and completing compliance documents required for government oversight.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- Prepare all financial reporting to the public chartering agencies of clients.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for client schools.
- Prepare information requested by auditors at year-end. Be able to explain journal entries made.
- Directly interface with charter school clients to address inquiries and provide process guidance.
- Train school site office managers on accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Visit client sites and assist on ad hoc or special projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Prior experience in AP preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP, business principles and standard operating practices.
- Knowledge of accounting systems required. Knowledge of MIP preferred.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative professional relationships.
- Strong organizational skills; a self-starter who can prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong writing and communication skills. Strong analytical skills.
- Interest in and commitment to public education.
ExED is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and a 403(b) retirement package and a generous vacation, sick, and holiday allocation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via our online application system here.