Details: Hourly salary with bonus stipend for exceeding recruitment targets
Student Recruitment Ambassador
Head of School
Hourly salary, with stipend available
The role of the Student Recruitment Ambassador is crucial in ensuring Ivy Hill Prep meets enrollment targets at the start of each school year. This flexible position (20 hours per week at minimum) is responsible for driving the planning and execution of a variety of recruitment strategies and activities with the goal of having Ivy Hill Prep be fully enrolled by the first day of school. The Recruitment Ambassador(s) will (a) cultivate and sustain relationships with community organizations, (b) robustly conduct recruitment efforts aligned to annual targets, (c) cultivate experiences for newly enrolled families between the time of enrollment and the first day of school, (d) spearhead consistent monthly touchpoints with prospective families, (e) support the lottery process if needed, and (f) coordinate efforts with a team of Ambassadors, all while working closely with the Head of School. The Scholar Recruitment Ambassador is hired by the Head of School, reports to the Head of School and is evaluated by the Head of School.
Key External Recruitment Responsibilities
· Keep Ivy Hill Prep’s presence in the East Brooklyn community vibrant and consistent – make us well known.
· Identify and solidify partnerships to promote Ivy Hill Prep with local community centers, businesses, churches, camps, etc. to drive enrollment efforts.
· Maintain key partnerships with feeder organizations (early childcare centers, Pre-K programs) to ensure a pipeline of potential scholars.
· Plan, staff and lead execution of events and activities such as door-to-door canvassing and open houses.
· Attend local events on behalf of Ivy Hill Prep and Head of School.
· Lead volunteer engagement and develop a robust core of Ivy Hill Prep Ambassadors.
Key Internal Recruitment Responsibilities
· Develop recruitment calendar to drive scholar enrollment.
· Maintain a detailed tracking system of prospects and newly enrolled scholars.
· Design and execute a plan to ensure newly enrolled families are engaged from the point of enrollment to the first day of school.
· Ensure all collateral recruitment materials are current and well-stocked.
· Support all social media accounts and create website content for featured events.
· Oversee communication and engagement efforts with newly enrolled families.
· Manage registration process for all families enrolling
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with school’s mission and vision.
· Demonstrate strong achievement results and drive to meet hard-core targets.
· Ability to serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organization and articulate our mission to external constituents.
· Proven track record of developing and sustaining successful partnerships with other organizations and businesses.
· Extensive knowledge of the community.
· Detail-oriented, strong organization skills, and clear adherence to time-sensitive deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong influencing and motivating skills and ability to engage diverse audiences.
· Experience in speaking to large groups.
· Experience in clear, respectful communication with both adults and children.
· Flexible, people-oriented team player who is committed to the mission of Ivy Hill Prep
· Associate’s degree or higher preferred, with all accompanying verification provided as part of personnel file.
· Prior recruitment and outreach experience preferred within Brooklyn.
Minimum Education Required