The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic and solutions-oriented non-profit, seeks an exceptional researcher and program manager to support the growth of Just and other ILFI programs that address social equity and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Just is ILFI’s leading social equity assessment/label program. The Just and Social Equity Program Manager serves a key role in the organization responsible for advancing this program. ILFI's mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich, and ecologically restorative. The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the organization’s mission.
The Just and Social Equity Manager is responsible for providing thought leadership and advancing research and resource development for ILFI standards that focus on DEI, including Just, as well as the Equity Petals within Living Building Challenge (LBC), the Living Product Challenge (LPC), and the Living Community Challenge, (LCC). These Challenges each consist of seven performance categories, or “Petals”: Place, Water, Energy, Health + Happiness, Materials, Equity, and Beauty. Managing the Just program involves collaborating with industry stakeholders, addressing challenges faced by organizations across sectors and regions, and interpreting relevant social equity and DEI literature as well as industry best practices. This role will focus on evolving the reach and rigor of Just and supporting internal systems to enable ILFI to better support Just organizations. The successful candidate will be highly organized, a strategic thinker, a confident leader, and be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
The mission of the International Living Future Institute (ILFI) is to catalyze the transformation toward communities that are culturally rich, socially just and ecologically restorative. ILFI believes providing a compelling vision for the future is a fundamental requirement for reconciling humanity’s relationship with the natural world.
More than a decade ago, the International Living Future Institute issued a living-building challenge: use the built environment to create a revolutionary transformation towards true sustainability. Since then, ILFI has continued to grow its visionary programs, challenging developers, corporations, architects, engineers, designers, manufacturers, contractors, and communities to change the course of climate change and share in building a living future through educating, setting standards, research and creating innovative tools. The International Living Future Institute is a dynamic, growing organization with a reputation for integrity, action and measurable results. ILFI offers a collaborative, team-oriented and mission-driven workplace.
ILFI is a global organization with staff and professional volunteers throughout the USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and South America.
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich, and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations. We are committed as an organization to foster better cultural competency, equity, and diversity within our culture and policies.
● Manage Just Standard and Handbook development and updates; develop scope, timeline, and process and coordinate drafting, review, graphics, and finalization of content
● Lead the team in conducting research, synthesizing results, and drafting updates for the Equity Petal requirements and resources in LBC and LPC Handbooks
● Establish and lead an external Technical Advisory Group of DEI, HR, and other industry experts for Just label/certification and the Equity Petals; synthesize and incorporate internal and external contributions toward development and continuous improvement of standards and technical resources
● Cultivate knowledge and serve as a subject matter expert for diversity, equity, and inclusion topics within ILFI Standards; conduct literature reviews on strategies to improve DEI practices in organizations and stay up to date on the latest relevant DEI literature and industry best practices
● Provide thought leadership and collaborate with Certification and Technical Services teams to develop guidance materials for clients and manage responses to technical inquiries and exception requests from diverse organizations in different regions
● Support the identification and establishment of organizational partnerships that align with ILFI initiatives in social equity; hold positions in industry collaboratives and other external networks
● Understand and integrate concepts and strategies between different rating systems
● Publish and present results of research in ILFI resources, such as TrimTab, within the context of improving ILFI Standards
● In addition to leading the Just program and Equity Petal resources, this person may be responsible for supporting or leading other projects relating to the upkeep and ongoing maintenance of other ILFI standards
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field: Human Resources, Organizational Development, Public Health, Sustainability, Business, Organizational Psychology
● 5+ years professional experience in establishing and/or implementing strategies that seek to influence DEI
● Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, industry best practices and trends in organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Strong network and connections within the field of DEI
● Demonstrated analytic ability, research skills, attention to detail, and management of complex information
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders representing different organizations, backgrounds, and perspectives
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills
● Proven organizational, project management, and prioritization skills with the ability to meet deadlines
● Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with a proactive and collaborative working style
● Experience working across virtual teams and with remote project management
● Ability to facilitate advisory groups of subject matter experts and assimilate information
● Master’s degree
● HR Technical expertise - understanding of HR policies and procedures, EEO laws and regulations
● Previous experience with drafting or pursuing certification or assessment programs
● Prior experience in sustainability and green building or specifically with ILFI certification programs
● Any other certifications and/or training relevant to the role
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic and solutions-oriented non-profit, seeks an exceptional researcher and program manager to support the growth of Just and other ILFI programs that address…
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package, which includes full employer-funded health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, as well as employee life insurance, disability insurance, and a 6% match for our 403(b) retirement plan, three weeks of paid annual leave, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid community volunteer leave, connectivity or transportation stipend, and a professional development stipend.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package, which includes full employer-funded health, dental, and vision insurance…
Please include a cover letter with your resume.