7 Palmer St.
The Boston Educational Development Fund (BEDF) is the proud fiscal sponsor of public schools in Boston. We provide school and district leaders with comprehensive fiscal management and accounting oversight, so that they can effectively leverage private funds to improve student outcomes.
We are seeking a dynamic and hands-on Grants Manager who is excited to join a small team making a big impact on K-12 schools in Boston. The Manager will work closely with school leaders and program officers to support the implementation, management, accounting and reporting of privately-funded school programs and initiatives.
The Grants Manager will review and process grant revenue and disbursements. Additionally, the Manager will support the administrative operations of various school programs (including payroll.) This position will work closely with program managers to track budgets and produce reports, performing and supervising critical financial accounting tasks.
- Monitor revenue in our bank accounts and post related entries (approx. 25/week).
- Review grant payments, as requested by program managers (approx. 100/week)
- Oversee school fund accounts, activities, and balances.
- Produce accounting reports for internal, tax, and audit purposes.
- Ensure that payments and operations are processed in accordance with our Accounting Policies.
- Act as the point of contact for schools inquiring about BEDF’s fiscal services. .
- Oversee independent contractors’ agreements and compliance.
- Recommend and implement internal controls and procedures.
- Collaborate in capacity-building projects and other related activities to enhance organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform all payroll tasks, including reporting to authorities using payroll software, overseeing benefits administration for ten full-time employees, and managing compensation communications to all part-time employees.
- Monitor program budgets and spending, communicating with program managers and administrators as needed.
- Contribute to the upgrading of our grants management system and its interface with our accounting software.
- Produce grant reports for internal reviews; support the full grant reporting process to external funders.
Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, results-oriented and entrepreneurial environment. A successful candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree; preferably in accounting, business, or a related field.
- At least three years of progressive accounting, grants management, or financial operations experience, preferably in the education or non-profit sector.
- Master knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, i.e. Quickbooks or Sage 50. Quickbooks online is preferred.
- Ability to read and implement accounting and grant policies.
- Strong analytic, planning skills, keen attention to details.
- High level of personal responsibility, initiative, and motivation with strong organizational skills, ability to move projects forward and be persistent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly in translating grant information into easy-to-interpret actionable reports, guidance documents, presentations, and findings.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, aptitude for working with a wide range of individuals.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume with the subject line "Grants Manager" to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we are a small team, we are not able to respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates we select to move forward in the interview process. No phone calls please.