Details: $13.50 to $14.50 per hour, based on experience
901 North Milton Avenue
Moveable Feast, a 501 c 3 nonprofit agency that provides more than 700,000 nutritious home-delivered meals to nearly 5,000 individuals/year living with life threatening illnesses seeks a full time (non-exempt/hourly) Receptionist to provide point of contact for walk-in traffic, telephone calls, granting access to the Moveable Feast’s offices, & supporting the highest level of customer service for clients, staff, and visitors. Position reports to Operations Director/COO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications, both internally and externally.
2. Answer multiple telephone lines and disseminate information regarding Moveable Feast’s mission and services, and redirect calls, as appropriate, or take adequate messages, as required.
3. Greet persons entering Moveable Feast, determine nature and purpose of visit and direct or escort them to specific destination; pleasantly represent Moveable Feast to all visitors, volunteers and external partners.
4. Performs clerical/administrative support to the Executive Director/CEO, as needed:
5. Assist Director of Operations/COO in the maintenance of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, external service providers, etc.
6. Maintain copier rooms and equipment, with assistance from Operations Director/COO.
7. Produce and distribute Moveable Feast staff monthly newsletter.
8. Manage conference room reservations and organize all aspects for meetings.
9. Assist with posting outgoing mail, as needed.
10. Assist staff with general office procedures (i.e., mailings, filing, etc.), as needed.
11. Order, monitor and maintain inventory of office supplies for organization.
12. Any and all duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma/GED, required.
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) accredited college/university or technical school, preferred.
• Two (2) years’ experience in office management and/or reception.
• Well-developed interpersonal, telephone, & communication skills.
• Non-profit operations experience, a plus.
• Reliable, punctual, organized & ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment.
• Must possess reliable transportation & valid Driver’s license.
Knowledge of general office & clerical procedures; office equipment; typing; & basic mathematics & English (spelling, punctuation, vocabulary). Skilled in computers (Microsoft Office Suite & 365); & multi-line telephone. Able multi-task; work independently and be self-directed; secure and handle cash; calculate numbers, correct entries and post to records; gather data; freely lift up to 50 lbs.; develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds; use independent judgment and manage and impart confidential information; read and comprehend simple instructions; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to individuals and groups; apply common sense understanding; carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and be HIV/AIDS sensitive and interact with a diverse staff and client population.
CareFirst BC/BS medical, dental & vision insurance (75% employer paid) + $2,000 HRA Visa Card (cover co-pay/deductible costs); 2 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) – accrued bi-weekly; 9 paid holidays; Volunteer Time Off (VTO) 8 hours (1 day) annual donation to a 501c3 charitable organization of your choosing, & 403(b) retirement plan – up to 3% employer matching.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume/CV