Details: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
The Database and Social Media Coordinator joins a Development Team responsible for the comprehensive fund development program funded by individual donors, foundations, and corporations. The Database and Social Media Coordinator works collaboratively to provide critical development operations and administrative support to the Development Department with emphasis on gift processing, donor customer service, data management, and reconciliation using Raiser’s Edge.
Additionally, this role plays a critical part is telling the De Marillac Academy story through the use of engaging and strategic social media management for the organization.
MISSION AND VISION
Inspired by the Daughters of Charity and De La Salle Christian Brothers, De Marillac Academy provides a life-changing, accessible Catholic educational experience for the underserved children, youth and families of the Tenderloin and surrounding communities.
At De Marillac Academy, we believe that a neighborhood of residence and socioeconomic status should not determine a child’s access to quality education or ultimate success in life. De Marillac Academy’s holistic educational experience liberates students to lead lives of choice, meaning, and purpose, breaking the cycle of poverty through education, and transforming the Tenderloin and beyond.
De Marillac Academy is an independent Lasallian Vincentian Catholic elementary school, serving grades 4-8, located in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco. De Marillac Academy provides a values-based, academically rigorous, tuition-free education to low-income students from all faith and cultural backgrounds. De Marillac Academy opened in 2001 as an independent, Lasallian Vincentian Catholic school with a class of nineteen sixth graders. Today De Marillac serves 119 fourth through eighth grade students, 299 alumni through the Graduate Support Program, and 253 school families through our unique wrap around clinical and family support program. All students attend De Marillac on a full annual scholarship.
- Maintains the Raiser’s Edge database to ensure accurate, updated, and relevant constituent information
- Develops and implements plans and procedures to improve the integrity and use of the database
- Processes, records, and acknowledges all gifts, pledges and pledge payments
- Collaborates with the Finance department for monthly reconciliation
- Produces exports, queries and reports from Raiser’s Edge for all fundraising and communication initiatives
- Works with the Director Development and Development team members to plan and develop the annual development and communications plan
- Serves as the department’s expert on Raiser’s Edge and looks for opportunities to use other technologies and services to achieve departmental goals.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Development and President in prospect research, donor tracking, information management, reporting, and special events.
Event Data Management:
- Ensure accurate and thorough data management for all donor and guest data in relation to the Annual Scholarship Benefit event, which raises approximately 30% of DMA’s annual operation budget
- Ensure data is managed and ties between Raiser’s Edge and the Greater Giving event software
- Organize event reservations and table list requests
- Manage guest registration, check in and check out and all associated data during the Annual Scholarship Benefit
- Manage guest list reports, communication lists and gift entry and acknowledgment for 1-5 additional smaller community events throughout the year
Social Media Management:
- Draft content for external communications, blogs and social networking platforms
- Use creative means to plan, organize, and implement a range of social media programs and/or events
- Contribute to and regularly update external social sites: such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other community sites
- Develop content calendar for these sites
- Manage the data analytics of our overall social media performance
- Performs other duties, as needed
- Back up support at De Marillac as needed (when these activities do not interfere with Development duties): helping in classrooms, assisting in elective classes, chaperoning field trips, covering non-teaching roles throughout the school when teachers are out. Participation in these activities to ensure a team spirit at De Marillac. These activities often inspire new ideas and projects for the Development team.
- Deepen formation with the De La Salle Christian Brothers and Daughters of Charity
- Participate in Professional Development and school activities as requested
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 2 years of experience in the nonprofit development field
- Demonstrated experience with data and database management
- Experience in professional social media management
- Passionate commitment to alleviating poverty in underserved communities through access to quality education
- Experience providing a high degree of professional customer service
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or comparable fundraising database)
- Strong proficiently in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiently in Outlook, power point and social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with diverse constituencies, including, but not limited to: Board of Trustees, Development Council members, individual donors, foundations, corporate and community partners, colleagues, volunteers and vendors
- Analytic and problem-solving skills
Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail; organized and systematic follow-through and capable of balancing competing priorities in a small team within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to foster an environment of teamwork and thrive in times change and growth
- Proven success in managing and maintaining collegial and professional relationships
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workflow and plan effectively
- Commitment to leading a balanced life consistent with De Marillac’s holistic approach to education
- Comfort working in and the Tenderloin neighborhood and with diverse communities
- Enthusiastic and resourceful, with an interest in participating in a fun, engaging and humor rich work environment
- Requires some long hours working at the computer
- Some evening and weekend responsibilities
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Position anticipated to be filled as soon as possible.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org