425 Lafayette Street
The Public Theater is seeking a Director of Advancement Services. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Director of Advancement Services leads the strategic planning, goal setting, and output of the Advancement Services Team in support of Marketing and Development Operations. The Director will provide leadership and oversight for all major operational areas with primary emphasis on: database administration, fiscal administration, advancement research, donor relations and stewardship. This position will be responsible for continuous quality improvement across the unit and will be expected to develop, recommend, implement, and document strategic changes to practice and procedures. In this role, the Director will oversee systems and services that support fundraising and revenue generating operations as well as donor prospecting and stewardship systems and reporting.
Analytical and Strategic Evaluation
· Provide leadership around data analysis for the Development and Marketing teams
· Develop and promote the Advancement Team’s strategic direction and associated initiatives in support of organizational priorities
· Adapt plans and priorities to address challenges and capture opportunities and drive the continuous improvement of stewardship and prospect relations-related processes and products, including identifying, evaluating, recommending, and implementing new technology opportunities
· Analyze, evaluate and find innovative solutions to support data-driven decision making to support marketing and development fundraising efforts
· Management and oversight of reporting for Marketing and Development needs
· Develop operational plans for advancement services
· Oversee donor and prospect research to ensure effective and robust system, critical analysis, and accurate tracking of moves management
• Oversee accurate financial tracking for annual and capital campaign information including entry of gifts, reporting, donor giving history and recognition, and reconciliation with finance
• Serve as Advancement liaison with external auditors as needed
• Ensure correct non-profit registration in other states with Finance Department
• Assist donors and work with financial/legal advisors as required ensuring proper documentation and accurate recording of endowed and planned gifts
· Manage the Tessitura database system for Marketing and Development Operations to ensure best practices
- Maintain database integrity by creating and enforcing data entry policy and procedures, tracking and coding structures, and data hygiene standards
- Coordinate and produce ongoing reports, list pulls, extractions, and other data/reporting requests
- Create and oversee the dashboard metrics reporting for marketing, development managers and Major Gift Officers
- Oversee the marketing and development-specific integration of Tessitura and the website, including testing and troubleshooting new functionality
- Provide quality assurance for marketing and development-specific Tessitura processes and troubleshoot as needed
· Train members of the marketing and development departments in accurate data entry and extraction procedures and create documentation for future use
· Collaborate with Data and Web Services team in developing and writing new reports and stored procedures
· Provide support to the members of the marketing and development departments
· Create and project manage long-term Advancement Services Tessitura Projects plan
· Participate in the Tessitura Power Users Group and bring best practices to the departments
• Oversee the Advancement Services Team consisting of four staff members
• Serve as direct supervisor to the Senior Manager, Development Operations and Manager, Development Operations
• Provide mentorship and support of the team
• Perform additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with competing schedules and an understanding of complex processes. A strong discernment of The Public Theater mission, strategies and programming.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree. Extensive knowledge of development strategies and processes. Strong analytical skills to help drive data-driven decision making. Excellent organization, verbal and written communications skills. Proficiency in Tessitura, fundraising database software, advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, and Microsoft Visual Studio.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required