Pier 86, W 46th St & 12th Ave
The Intrepid Museum is currently seeking a Marketing Events Coordinator who will be responsible for assisting with the research, planning and execution of annual marketing events and programming for the museum – including, but not limited to, Fleet Week, Kids Week, Movie Series, Space & Science Festival, and other community events. The ideal candidate will build strong partnerships that promote and support the Museum goals to increase awareness and attendance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Research and build new marketing partnerships to promote the museum overall as well as maintain existing partnerships.
· Assist in developing content for new and existing events, including researching and formalizing marketing relationships with key partners. Events range from large multi-day/ multi-partner events to smaller one-day events and programming opportunities.
· Communicating and collaborating with key departments within the museum to aide in successful implementation of each event. These departments include Public Programs, Exhibitions, Museum Services, Special Events, Operations, Education, Marketing and Public Relations, among others.
· Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of each event within budget and in support of – when relevant – sponsorship partners
· Complete vendor and partner forms for each event
· Track all event activities and costs
· Track all event collateral, inventory, equipment and gear needed for each event
· Compile post event follow up and wrap up reports with all partners and internal departments
Performs other duties as required by management.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from four year college or university (marketing concentration preferred). Ability to work weekends, holidays or evenings as necessary – especially during the summer months. 1-2 years event management, planning and/or marketing partnership experience. Ability to juggle deadlines and priorities. Self-starter, must be organized and able to act and follow through on projects independently. Ability to reprioritize projects and work flow based on business needs. Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive tools
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
Full time position with Benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.