Notre Dame Preparatory School (NDP), an independent, Catholic girls school located in Towson, MD, seeks a full-time Advancement Database Manager. NDP serves approximately 800 students in grades 6-12. The School Sisters of Notre Dame sponsor the institution which is dedicated to educating young women to transform the world.
The Advancement Database Manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the donor database. This is a full-time, twelve-month position that reports to the Director of Annual Giving and Donor Services. Responsibilities include constituent record management, query, and export building, and the development and production of financial, demographical, and statistical reports as requested by team members. In addition, the Advancement Database Manager will plan for and implement improvements in how the Advancement Department tracks all event-related information and data. Finally, the Advancement Database Manager will be responsible for overseeing the NDP archives, both hard copy, and digital files, while both creating a database collection and tracking procedure and guiding volunteers or other staff to assist with archive work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and edit constituent records in Raiser’s Edge, ensuring biographical and donor contact information conforms to standards established by the Advancement Office
- Produce weekly and monthly analytical reports for Advancement Office as needed
- Produce data for the Annual Impact Report
- Produce statistics and data for annual NAIS/AIMS survey and complete those sections relevant to Advancement and Fundraising
- Complete special research projects in support of major, planned, and foundation giving initiatives
- Elevate the use of the database in Advancement by providing training to our staff members regarding pulling queries, using the data more effectively, etc.
- Plan for and implement improvements in how the Advancement Department tracks all event-related information
- Research and implement processes for archiving data in Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud
- Learn about and conduct prospect research, as requested
- Research and create protocols for the school archives and provide guidance to volunteers retained to organize and catalog the various items
- Assist with Advancement events, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Two years of experience in a Development Office or equivalent environment preferred, preferably working with development/ fundraising software
- Experience with constituent record management software or financial database and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Experience in educational Institutional Advancement preferred
- Highly detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and follow directions regarding complex policies and procedures
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and maintains confidentiality of data
- Works well as a team member and independently
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Mrs. Kristen Kinkopf, Executive Director of Advancement, email@example.com.