601 E Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Business Unit Description
The Office of General Counsel seeks to maximize the ability of AARP to carry out its tax-exempt mission while remaining in legal and ethical compliance and maintaining AARP’s reputation for trustworthiness and integrity.
The IT Internal Audit Manager contributes to the success of the organization through the execution of internal audits which can help identify potential opportunities for improving the Company's internal control environment. The role is responsible for assisting in the execution of information technology, operational, regulatory, governance, and financial related internal audits; with emphasis in Information Technology areas. This role also serves as a key subject matter expert and contributor in the Internal Audit team's continued enhancement of data analytics and continuous auditing strategies in support of the audit charter. This role will complete all internal audit work in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards. In addition, the IT Internal Audit Manager will assist in the execution of special projects as needed.
1. Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
2. Plans and executes audits of various technology platforms and evaluates IT internal controls and works collaboratively with management to identify actions needed.
3. Provide both advisory and execution support in audits by identifying, developing, documenting, or executing audit analytics during all relevant stages of an audit.
4. Understand key information security risks including confidentiality, integrity and availability of technology components through review of security operational processes, such as vulnerability management, penetration testing, security logging and monitoring, security incident response, and defense in depth strategies.
5. Acts as liaison with IT business partners to ensure full understanding of data flow, data integrity, and system security.
6. Design and execute standalone Data Analytics audit projects as warranted in support of department objectives.
7. Communicate progress, findings, and results of assigned test work timely.
8. Complete detailed workpapers that are well organized, cross-referenced, well-supported, and thoroughly self-reviewed.
9. Assist in, and sometimes lead, developing and implementing department training that is related to data analytics and data analytics programs.
10. Effectively communicate (written reports and oral) with all levels of staff and management, particularly the creation and maintenance of management reporting dashboards.
11. Seek additional work and assist other team members, as needed, in order to achieve department goals and objectives.
12. Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
13. Comply with all company policies and procedures, including Internal Audit policies and procedures.
14. Remain current in profession and industry trends.
15. Exhibit AARP values in all interactions.
-Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems (MIS), Data Science, or related field (or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position).
-Ability to navigate through ambiguity, and to manage and coordinate multiple project assignments and multiple teams simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability in order to deliver on commitments.
-6 years of job related experience
-Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to solve complex problems.
-Strong written and verbal communications skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to senior management-level personnel.
-General knowledge and experience with business process reviews and benchmarking and audit research desired.
-Strong computer proficiency required, especially with word processing, flowcharting, and spreadsheet software.
-Experience with data analytics in an Internal Audit or Compliance environment.
-Experience using data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI, etc.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required