25701 Science Park Dr.
About the Lead Designer Position:
As a member of our in-house creative team, the Lead Designer supports and promotes the Federation’s growth strategy and brand reputation; provides creative direction and execution for the organization’s annual fundraising campaign, as well as the individual marketing campaigns for the 15 business areas. This would include, but not be limited to, print and digital marketing collateral, presentations, special events, video and web site. The Lead Designer must be self-motivated as well as able to work collaboratively with the team to ensure consistent brand standards are present across all communications platforms, meet multiple and, at times, tight deadlines, in a high-energy work environment. The Lead Designer reports to the Managing Director of Marketing and Communications and supervises other designers on the team.
Day to day, the Lead Designer will:
- Use his/her design skills to develop high-level creative concepts, producing top quality materials on deadline.
- Translate design across multiple platforms while working in collaboration with project manager, writers and digital media team members.
- Manage the work of a New Media/Graphic Designer and other designers.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Marketing and Communications to establish the public presence of the organization as the forward-thinking, relevant, and trustworthy organization that it is.
Essential Job Functions:
- Think strategically as a key contributor to department’s big-picture vision and goals.
- Advance brand and image of organization through design skills and use of technology.
- Use design skills to produce top quality print and digital materials on deadline. (project examples include: magazines, brochures, annual reports, event packaging and presentations, etc.
- Translate design across multiple platforms, ensuring brand standards are met.
- Partner on the creative team for event production, ensuring optimal brand experience.
- Work in collaboration with project manager, writers and digital media team members.
- Manage New Media/ Graphic Designer and other designers, providing mentorship and guidance in their work.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Managing Director, Marketing and Communications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Strong design aesthetic, including typography, color theory, and layout.
- Expert in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and related graphic and visualization applications.
- Strong cognitive skills including problem solving, decision making, and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines. Organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven record of success, innovation, and high-standards for quality.
- Understanding of and connection to Jewish life and culture a plus.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or training in graphic design, interactive design or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8-10+ years of experience designing and producing visual and creative concepts for a wide range of print and digital platforms.
- Experience working on a marketing campaign, designing for multiple mediums and platforms, a plus.
- Experience working in supporting sales function or political campaign a plus.
- Supervision experience required; supervision of cross functional teams experience a plus.
- Affordable medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick days
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Plain Dealer Top Workplaces 2015
- We offer an environmentally friendly work-space
Minimum Education Required