Details: Salary range for MLS professional librarian $38,000-$40,000; or $35,000 with a $5,000 stipend to pay for library school.
500 N Market St
Summary: The McBride Memorial Library’s twelve-member Board of Trustees seeks a motivated, enthusiastic, community-minded professional as its next Director. The Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the library: budget, personnel, collections, facilities, and programming. The Director will partner with the Board of Trustees to ensure the success of the library.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all areas of library operations to ensure quality services for the public.
- Oversee and manage the budget of the library, including actively seeking financial opportunities and partnerships outside of the library. This includes responsibility for grant writing and donor relations, and collaboration with the Board of Trustees in their fundraising efforts.
- Work with the board to develop vision and policy, strategic objectives, determine long and short term goals for the library and ways to achieve them.
- Manage library collections, including selection of all library material and oversight of cataloging and automated library systems.
- Hire, train, supervise and work with library personnel.
- Collaborate with the Board, community officials and others in planning library services and programs
- Provide outreach to and collaborate with other community leaders and institutions. Engage in outreach to bring the public to the library as well as bring the library and its services to the public.
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in library services.
Skills and Values:
- Possesses strong interpersonal and leadership skills, collaboration and consensus building skills and enthusiasm.
- Possesses a clear vision of what a community library should be and the motivation to bring that vision to bear.
- Desire to meet and serve the library’s user community.
- Solid understanding of library philosophy and management principles.
- Proficiency with computers, library software and digital communications and ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to think analytically and to develop or revise systems, procedures, and workflow.
- Ability to make administrative decisions, develop and interpret policies.
- Ability to motivate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, volunteers, other community agencies, and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Can creatively develop and implement library programs and services.
- Reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Directly supervises staff and volunteers.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 12 graduate credits towards an MLS degree.
- Preference will be giving to applicants with a Master’s in Library Studies and/or a degree or experience in Human Resources.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, letter of intent, and three (3) professional references to Dr. David Campbell, President, Board of Trustees at email@example.com.