2303 Kemble Avenue
YouthBuild is hiring a Major Gifts Manager to work directly under the supervision of the Executive Director. As the Major Gifts Manager you will be responsible for actively seeking new funding opportunities while developing strategies for increasing a broader base of donors to support the organization. You will be responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donor prospects, inclusive of corporate, individual and foundation sources. The Major Gifts Manager will cultivate donors making major gifts ranging from $2,500 - $50,000. The Officer will also be responsible for planning and executing proven engagement strategies that result in both donor retention and increased giving. You will build a prospect base and assume responsibility for a fundraising goal.
Development and Fundraising
- Plan annual goals and strategies for individual and corporate giving with a focus on building a portfolio of major donors.
- Identify funding sources and pursue them in keeping with the strategic plan.
- Manage major donor program focused on raising and increasing gifts of $2,500 to $50,000 including making phone calls, conducting face-to-face meetings and using other touch points to secure donations.
- Routinely engage board members, organization executives and current donors in peer-prospect identification, visits, and closings.
- Work collaboratively with the Donor Relations Manager to create and implement effective stewardship and ongoing communications to major gift donors and prospects.
- Generate pipeline of new donor prospects for Corporate Giving
- Manage sponsorship solicitation for annual Spring Benefit.
- Analyze donor metrics and outcomes of different individual funding streams and adapt fundraising strategy as necessary.
- Achieve development goals in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain relationships with funders, YouthBuild USA, other agencies, partners, local politicians, and other supporters of YouthBuild.
- Develop fundraising budget for approval by Executive Director and the Board.
- Identify any spending outside the fundraising budget for subsequent Board approval.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in development including major gift or individual giving fundraising with non-profit/community-based organization
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to work independently to create and implement plans for department success, both internally and externally
- Proficiency in MS Office and donor software
- Available for occasional evening and weekend hours
- Proficiency in Salesforce Nonprofit Starter Pack preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
Minimum Education Required