Job Title: STEMbyTAF Integration Transformation Coach
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $65,000 – 75,000
Reports to: Director of STEMbyTAF WMS
Location: Washington Middle School
To ensure we align with the governor's mandates, all candidates hired for school-based positions must be fully vaccinated.
Every student can achieve academic success, yet the public education system was not designed to meet students of color where they are. Instead, they marginalized and underestimated their abilities. TAF partners with school districts, educators, and organizations to challenge the current public education system. We address the entire public education system, from top to bottom, providing STEM skills and equitable, anti-racist education environments where all students can succeed. We work with emerging and established education leaders of color to improve representation at every level. We:
- Co-manage two public STEM schools where we provide industry-relevant, equitable curriculum and experiences
- Partner with existing schools and coach staff and students to use our successful STEMbyTAF learning model
- Empower early-career educators and establish school leaders of color through educational equity and liberation pedagogy
The STEMbyTAF Integration Transformation Coach at Washington Middle School provides a broad range of instructional support to teachers at our partner schools. Assistance can be delivered in small, whole group, and/or online mediums and focused primarily on building teachers' understanding of STEMbyTAF Model, which centers equity in its four pillars: interdisciplinary project-based learning, STEM integration, education technology, and college and career readiness. A variety of coaching methods are used to promote adult learning and support professional growth.
The STEMbyTAF Integration Transformation Coach at Washington Middle School supports teachers and leaders at partner sites to develop and implement project-based learning (PBL) activities and students' presentations of learning. At schools that are co-managed by TAF, they also organize and oversee the implementation of STEM EXPO. The STEMbyTAF Integration Transformation Coach at Washington Middle School will work primarily at Washington Middle School and will report to the Director of TAF@WMS. 2
COMMUNICATION AND BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS
- Encourages reflective dialogue by asking open-ended questions and using problem and paraphrasing techniques
- Understands that listening and learning are the keys to developing a successful coaching relationship
- Engages all adults in change efforts that leverage assets and consider challenges in schools and communities. (Looks like Optimizing Potential, Situational Awareness, Asset-based Approach)
- Builds trusting relationships with teachers to enable discussion, reflection, and inquiry around teaching practices
- Creates structures and processes for collaborative work that promotes collegiality and shared responsibility
- Fosters a professional learning culture grounded in adult learning theory and research-based Transformation strategies
- Partners with building leaders to support teacher learning and improves student achievement
- Offers instructional support to teachers to cultivate a culture of inquiry and problem-solving for students and self
- Speaks with authority and accuracy about STEMbyTAF's vision for PBL, according to the STEMbyTAF PBL Practitioners Rubric
- Instruct and Support teachers in their implementation of STEMbyTAF project-based learning in schools with teachers
- Advocates for equitable academic, civic, and social-emotional outcomes to eliminate the race-based disparity
- Skillfully facilitates ongoing, job-embedded professional development for teachers: 1:1, small and whole group
- Builds teachers capacity to integrate technology into PBL for collaboration, research, and domain-specific software to support project implementation
- Differentiates professional development opportunities based on student data and adult learning priorities STEM EXPO AND DATA ANALYSIS STEM EXPO
- Drive the planning, organization, and implementation of STEM EXPO
- Demonstrates deep reflection both verbally and in written form
- Connect teacher and students to mentors from industry to enhance instruction and student projects
- Source volunteers from STEM industry for ongoing support instruction and student experiences Data Analysis and Student Achievement
- Bases all coaching and professional development decisions on teacher and student data
- Assists teachers in analyzing student data and designing differentiated Transformation
- Collaboratively monitors student progress to sustain continuous improvement
- Consistently seeks new experiences and opportunities for learning
- Demonstrates deep reflection both verbally and in written form 3
Minimum of three years exemplary classroom experience at relevant level Ability to represent underserved children of color for higher education and professional success
- Experience with curriculum development and a variety of effective instructional strategies
- Must have demonstrated effective facilitation of professional development for adult learners
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently successfully; Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and Ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Complete all reporting requirements for position
- Documents transformative practices developed and utilized at TAF Transformation Partner sites
- Experience analyzing data and using it to modify instructional practices to benefit students
- Openness to participate in Racial Equity to recognize personal bias and improve performance through a racial equity lens
- Experience in underserved schools and communities Must have demonstrated effective leadership skills (perhaps a former teacher leader)
- Experience related to adult learning (e.g., professional development, mentoring, teaching)
- Ability and willingness to innovate independently and try things out.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and responsive (within reason) to role responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of honesty, integrity, flexibility, and responsiveness.
- Good entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to "get the job done."
- Familiarity working in diverse and multicultural and bilingual environments
- Pass all required criminal and child abuse background checks
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Moderate to high proficiency and or aptitude in Microsoft Windows Operating System; and Microsoft Suite
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience Fluency in languages other than English is a plus
- Masters or doctorate degree in education and related field experience
- Minimum 3-5 years science teaching experience
To ensure we align with the governor's mandates, all candidates hired for school-based positions must be fully vaccinated by October 18th.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Yes, COVID-19 measures are taken from the guidance of the Seattle Public School District.
To ensure we align with the governor's mandates, all candidates hired for school-based positions must be fully vaccinated by October 18th