1211 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Henry L. Stimson Center seeks an organized, detail-oriented, and customer-focused administrative professional to join the team. The Office Manager is a key position within the organization as the first point of contact for those visiting the Stimson office. He/she will be responsible for overall smooth operation of Stimson office, including the reception area, facilities, events, and providing support to the Director of Finance & Administration. The Office Manager will manage Stimson’s Internship Program and IT services, provided by a third-party vendor.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications, both internally and externally, to maintain professional image;
- Manages conference facilities including negotiating rental prices, managing usage schedule, coordinating booking requests, room configurations, and clean-up;
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas, coordinates office moves, equipment, as well as layout, security, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities;
- Coordinates the maintenance and effective and efficient use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machine, and postage equipment;
- Manages the relationship with IT services provider. Serves as the point of contact for IT-related issues and improvements. This includes setting up new accounts, disabling old accounts, troubleshooting computer issues, receiving quotes for new equipment, and maintaining existing equipment;
- Works closely with the Communications Team in all aspects of events management to include A/V equipment and web-based live streaming software;
- Oversees the Internship Program including posting openings, conducting intern orientation, and organizing events;
- Coordinates the purchase of office and kitchen supplies, furniture, and equipment in accordance with the organization’s purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions;
- Responsible for the day-to-day office operations such as distributing building access keys, mail, submitting building and equipment maintenance requests, emergency procedures;
- Maintains relationships with relevant Center vendors;
- Responsible for weekly restocking of kitchen, office and printer/copier supplies;
- Provides general operations, finance, HR, and administrative support to the Director of Finance & Administration as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Two years of relevant work experience and/or life experience that is in line with the nature of the job;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and schedule work activities while managing time efficiently. Ability to follow instructions as may be directed, but capacity to self-manage;
- Confidentiality and discretion, accountability, professionalism, and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer proficiency;
- Customer service focus with strong interpersonal skills;
- An innovative spirit, a way with people, a calm-under-pressure and flexible approach when things move quickly;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and an ability to respond to requests quickly;
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with a focus on producing work of excellence and influence;
- Ability to lift approximately 25-40 lbs.
Submit a cover letter and resume.
Stimson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace. In addition to a warm, collegial work environment, we offer a competitive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, three weeks of annual leave, 12 paid holidays each calendar year, commuter & wellness benefits and much more.
Minimum Education Required