211 3rd Avenue
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is one of the largest human services providers in California that operates a variety of programs to serve the poor and strives to find permanent solutions to crisis situations by offering clients the tools and resources needed to achieve greater self-reliance and stability in their lives.
St. Roberts Center, located in Venice, provides food services to the homeless and low income families on Saturdays. If you have a passion for helping our homeless population and would like to be part of a great organization, apply for this highly rewarding opportunity.
We are seeking a Coordinator for our Saturday food program to oversee the distribution of brown bag lunches to our homeless clients and assist low income families with groceries from the food pantry.
- Oversee program and supervise volunteers
- Coordinate and distribute brown bag lunches to the homeless
- Provide grocery bags and resources to low income families
- Responsible for picking up food at Westside Food Bank on Thursday or Friday mornings
- Able to unload food from vehicle and organize in pantry
- Keep kitchen organized and clean
- Ensure that required data is collected
- Ensure clients are being served in a safe and respectful manner
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One to three years of related experience
- Ability to use independent judgement and initiative
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and committed to the work schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Experience working with the homeless population or food program preferred, but not required
- Ability and confidence to supervise volunteers
Location: Venice, CA
Salary & Hours: $14/hour, 14 hours per week, Saturdays 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, Thursday or Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
How to apply: – Email cover letter and resume to Regional Director: LPerreault@ccharities.org
Vacation and sick accrual based on number of hours worked per week.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Regional Director: LPerreault@ccharities.org