I. THE HELPMESEE MISSION
HelpMeSee was founded in 2010 with the goal of eliminating the backlog of blindness caused by cataracts for every blind child and adult in the world, regardless of where they live or how underserved they may be. Our goal is to deliver very low-cost, high-quality Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery (MSICS) to millions of adults and children in the developing world who have cataracts – giving them back not only their sight but also their independence.
HelpMeSee is pursuing our ambitious goal of eliminating cataract blindness worldwide by training tens of thousands of MSICS specialists in developing countries through the use of a high-fidelity simulator and sophisticated courseware, as well as collaborating with existing MSICS specialists who already perform this procedure in their communities. With our technology-based patient facing programs and local surgical partners, HelpMeSee is committed to saving the sight of millions.
I. JOB SUMMARY
This position will report to the Fundraising Department and Executive Management. Grant writer is responsible for developing grant funding proposed, including those involving strategic partnerships with external resources.
· Prepares grant proposals and/or assists other HelpMeSee personnel in the preparation of grant proposals by providing development, writing and submission assistance. This includes initiation of cooperative writing efforts by convening project teams to develop proposals.
· Coordinates strategic planning meetings with division leaders to understand program and operation needs and gaps.
· Identifies potential grant funding sources for HelpMeSee.
· Provides training for staff on grant writing procedures, proposal development, grant management practices, and grant implementation protocol.
· Works collaboratively with HelpMeSee leadership to form grant partnerships.
· Assists the fundraising team and the CEO in preparation of documentation, assurances, certifications, and other reviews related to the submission of grant proposals.
· Maintains a calendar of due dates for upcoming funding opportunities.
· Participates in and coordinates high-level strategic meetings and develops/oversees follow up action plans and successful implementation of campaign objectives and activities, while also identifying and resolving issues.
· Performs other related responsibilities as needed
· Understanding of and commitment to HelpMeSee’s mission
· B.A. Degree and a minimum of ten years of related experience
· Experience managing administrative responsibilities; experience working closely with high-level executives.
· Independent and effective decision-making skills
· Ability to collaborate in a team environment
· Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
· Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
· Excellent document drafting/writing, written and oral communication skills
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Punctuality and timeliness in meeting all deadlines and managing complex projects and responsibilities
· Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Office.
Start date: Immediate
Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Employment type: Full-Time
Compensation :Commensurate with and experience
Job function: Global Nonprofit Organization / Global Health / Fundraising / Marketing
Location: New York
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
III. HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the email subject heading as follows: “HelpMeSee Grants Writer”. Please include minimum salary expectations.
Also, please follow this link to the employment application: http://helpmesee.org/Careers.
*Candidates should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
HelpMeSee, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status or any other status protected by law. HelpMeSee, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.