Details: Salary: $40k-$55k, depending on experience.
3238 P Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The National Whistleblower Center (NWC) is hiring a Digital Advocacy Communications Coordinator to expand our organization’s capacity and ability to direct compelling campaigns and engage our membership through online advocacy and other digital engagement tools. If you have strong advocacy writing skills and are technically inclined in the mechanics of advocacy campaigning, please read on.
Persons currently working on mid-term election campaigns are urged to apply. Position starts late November - early December.
As Digital Advocacy Communications Coordinator, you are responsible for three core areas of:
- creating persuasive advocacy content to maximize member engagement and advocacy support,
- growing our email subscriber list through a variety of efforts, and
- finally, you are responsible for all the technical and production issues associated with these campaigns/promotions.
Daily, Your Tasks Will Include:
- Working in collaboration with NWC staff to create persuasive email advocacy content with a goal of maximizing member engagement and advocacy impact.
- Proofreading, loading, targeting, and testing organizing and fundraising content in digital advocacy and fundraising CRM.
- Drafting donation page copy and set up donation pages in our donation processing system SALSA.
- Growing email subscriber list through joint actions, cross promotions, and petition platforms.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on email advocacy metrics.
- Designing and running tests to improve the performance of our email program.
- Troubleshooting technical problems in digital advocacy and fundraising CRM.
- Assisting to maintain and update websites.
- Posting on NWC’s social media platforms and blog.
We would like to talk with you if you have:
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, digital advocacy
- Excellent written communications skills, with an emphasis on digital advocacy
- Experience working with email analytics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with CRM preferred
- Social media savvy—including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Hootsuite, TweetDeck platforms;
- Experience updating websites, SEO, website design, WordPress;
- Familiarity with online social action tools; experience with the SALSA advocacy program a plus;
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop & Canva helpful.
Salary: $40k-$55k, depending on experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please include a short writing sample that is relevant to the position. Start date is flexible.