Details: Salary is commensurate with experience, and Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package. This is a full-time exempt position.
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change (COC) is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change – amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
Color Of Change is seeking a dedicated and uniquely talented Executive Assistant to the Executive Director (ED). The right candidate will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle competing priorities. This position is ideal for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with a strong interest in administrative work, and a passion to support an Executive professional/principal. In working closely with the Executive Director and the Executive Office, you will have a unique window into the inner workings of the movement.
This position is based in our New York office and reports to the Director of the Executive Office (Director).
Calendar Management & Complex Travel Coordination
· Coordinate the ED’s schedule with a strong understanding of priorities and act as the day-to-day scheduler for the ED’s meetings, calls, media, appointments, etc., while working closely with the Director of the ED Office to maximize the impact and efficiency of the ED’s schedule
· Lead for scheduling internally and externally with various internal teams when the ED is involved
· Ensure all travel arrangements and details – confirmed and unconfirmed – are entered on the ED’s calendar
· Update the ED’s calendar in a timely manner as travel arrangements change
· Under the guidance of the Director, coordinate and book complex travel arrangements for the ED and other staff as necessary, in a timely manner
· Anticipate any potential travel conflicts or issues (delays, weather, traffic, events, etc.) in order to make the correct adjustments in a timely manner
· Manage and support event coordination and special projects (i.e. COC convenings, meetings, etc.)
· Travel independently and with the ED (30-50%) in support of engagements
Data Entry & Records Management
· Expense Reports: ensure all of the ED’s receipts and expenses are collected, recorded and entered in a timely manner on a monthly basis
· Track, submit and monitor travel reimbursements for the Executive Director
· Cell phone: submits monthly cell phone reimbursements for the ED to the Finance department in a timely manner
· Complete and submit ED’s timesheets and department invoices
· Collaborate with the Director and other departments to produce and/or collect accurate data for reports and other actionable items for the Executive Office
· Update and maintain the Executive Office shared files with the most up-to-date content for the ED’s briefings, travel, meeting schedule, etc.
· Take meeting notes and share next steps with collaborators as needed
Additional Administrative Responsibilities
· Routinely exercise discretion while assisting the ED in enforcing management policies and general business operations for COC
· Work independently on administrative projects; ensuring that they are accomplished in a timely and accurate manner, continually updating the ED with status reports
· Assist with special event invitation process and confirmations, vetting requests and strategic content while working closely with the Senior Advisor and Director
· Provide back-up coverage for other administrative positions and duties as required, including event management
· Support personal requests/needs, including coordinating meals, booking personal appointments, supporting and tracking ED’s charitable activities (personal donations), etc.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing and proactive, have professional office presence, exercise complete discretion and poise under pressure, and demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills. Candidates with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments will excel in this role.
You should have:
· A minimum of 3-6 years of experience in an administrative role supporting Senior/C-suite executive(s) or an Executive level office (nonprofit/social justice organization experience preferred)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience crafting professional, external facing client/partner communications
· Exercise good tact and judgment in confidential situations, with proven experience handling sensitive information
· Experience preparing expense reports, coordinating complex travel arrangements and calendar management for Senior level executives
· The ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing and shifting priorities
· Excellent attention to detail and content, with strong editorial skills/experience
· Ability to exercise good judgment and work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
· Able to work effectively and collaborate with team members and partners based across various office locations and/or working remotely
· Dedication and ability to work flexible hours, including weekends as needed
· Ability to travel (30-50%)
· Commitment to confidentiality and ability to exercise absolute discretion
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click the link (https://colorofchange.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk011b8) and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.