6 East 32nd Street
City Harvest is New York City’s largest food rescue organization, helping to feed the more than 1.2 million New Yorkers who are struggling to put meals on their tables. We will rescue 61 million pounds of food this year and deliver it, free of charge, to hundreds of food pantries, soup kitchens and other community partners across the five boroughs. Our programs help food insecure New Yorkers access nutritious food that fits their needs and desires; increase our partners’ capacity; and strengthen the local food system, building a path to a food-secure future for all New Yorkers. To learn more about our work, visit CityHarvest.org.
The Business Intelligence team manages both the data and systems to record pounds for all food procurement and distribution. The Business Intelligence Coordinator (temp-to-perm) position will be responsible for the entry and reconciliation process. This position will work extensively with Food Transport to ensure the accuracy and timely turnover of all receipts for donated product from donors and distributed product to City Harvest’s network of agencies.
- Process and audit all route related pounds data: performing extensive reconciliation on all data using specific reconciliation methodologies.
- Audit paperwork submitted by Warehouse team to include: waste entries, Bills of Lading (BOL) and Actuals, and warehouse pick-up entries.
- Process Freight/Warehouse level inbound loads.
- Assist with data validation / data hygiene sweeps in Microsoft Dynamics GP (IMS & CRM)-auditing entries from users.
- Work with Transport team to maintain the database of route manifests and electronic receipts.
- Work with Warehousing staff and Allocations specialist to ensure accurate inventory and overall quality assurance.
- Work independently to expand reach of quality assurance tasks on data of distributed product.
- Perform a variety of specialized support tasks on an ongoing and ad hoc basis; manage special projects and create and update spreadsheets and databases.
- Propensity to learn and use software applications, basic understanding of Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills, prior quantitative experience a plus.
- Excellent ability to work proactively and take initiative.
- Able to follow-through and meet deadlines effectively.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- An eagerness to learn and a personable demeanor.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One year or less of office experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
At City Harvest, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. City Harvest is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required