145 South Spring Street
The mission of TEAMWORKS is to guide middle school students growing up in challenging urban environments to recognize and reach their full potential as members of our community. Through a school-based team approach to mentoring, young adolescents are given the tools and support necessary to make positive choices during a critical period in their lives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: (Full-Time) Program Coordinator
Reporting to a Program Manager and the Director of Programs, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the preparation and coordination of LATM’s mentoring programs. Primary responsibilities include: interfacing with school administrators, presentations, implementing student recruitment/retentions strategies, preparing and coordinating weekly sessions/fieldtrips, preparing and submitting reports, implementing volunteer recruitment/retention/appreciation strategies and oversight, on-site support, curriculum development and program management at three school sites.
- Program Management – facilitate all program sessions and field trips, community service projects, family events and other activities that serve to support mentoring relationships; work with Program Manager to revise and develop curriculum as needed; submit regular weekly, monthly and year end reports to the Director of Program and Program Manager
- Student Recruitment and Retention – recruit and retain students as specified by program standards and goals. Ensure all clients are properly enrolled, work with the Director of Program to implement effective recruitment and retention strategies
- Mentor Recruitment and Retention – recruit teacher mentors and retain all mentor types as specified by program standards and goals as well as assist with community and college recruitment efforts as needed
- Mentor Screening- assist with coordinating mentor screening efforts and database management
- Crisis Intervention – provide on-site support to mentors and youth in the program and serve as a mandated reporter
- Session Preparation/ Staff Support- assist with preparing session materials and data entry
- Other – provide support, as needed, to program-wide and organizational activities, special events and administration
The ideal candidate will have excellent presentation, project and volunteer management, leadership and conflict management, team-working, organizational, computer and oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, experience working with at-risk youth and diverse volunteers, and the ability to interface with school administrators preferred. Light lifting requirements (Up to 20-40 lbs.) and driving on a daily basis. Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30 pm with some evenings and Saturdays
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary commensurate with experience (Hourly range $10.00- $16.00). We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, planning and culture.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to William Figueroa, Director of Programs and note Program Coordinator Position in the subject line. No phone calls please! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information: visit us at www.latm.org