Solar One, a nonprofit leader in New York City on the cutting edge of sustainability programming, is seeking an Accountant to oversee and manage it's 501c3 accounting and budgetary processes, GAAP requirements, and financial reporting in an accurate, timely, and transparent manner over the course of the fiscal year. The manager needs to own the General Ledger, the fiscal year budget and forecast process, as well as the FY Audit process in order to partner with senior management necessary to make appropriate and forward looking financial decisions and organizational choices. In addition to overseeing the day to day transactional accounting requirements including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank reconciliations, cash management, the position will have to work closely with the program and development staff to build program and grant budgets, set financial goals, as well as provide the financial data to bill funders, identify relevant variances, accurately allocate expenses including direct and indirect costs, and maximizes grant and contract revenue.
* Maintain accurate financial records in accordance with non-profit accounting standards
* Lead and oversee all bookkeeping functions and systems including A/P, A/R, Cash management and banking relationships, preparations and disbursement of checks, recording of revenue, preparation of bank deposits, payroll entries and allocations.
* Manage Chart of accounts given reporting needs of management and Board in an increasingly complex non-profit
* Maintain credit cards, including coordination with staff to facilitate receipt and ensure proper coding
* Process payroll, leave accruals, and support Operations Director to manage staff benefits, contributions and other HR benefits
* Oversee the monthly close cycle, conduct monthly reconciliations and relevant allocations, and produce monthly financial reports
* Oversee all grant and contract accounting on a timely basis as well as entries to be released from restrictions
* Manage the technical components of the organization's FY Budget Process including entry of budget information into G/L to produce Budget to Actual variance analysis on a monthly basis.
* Produce P & L financial reports on a grant by grant, program by program, function by function basis, and rolled financial data into consolidated reports
* Produce cash flow forecasts over the course of the fiscal identifying concerns and options, if necessary
* Manage the technical components of FY Forecast and work with Operations Director, Executive Director and Program Directors to produce financial report on a quarterly basis
* Manage FY annual audit and 990 process while maintaining audit schedules and bank recs on a monthly basis.
* At least 3-5 years non-profit accounting experience with multiple funding streams including earned revenue
* Experience with technical components of non-profit budgets, forecasts, and annual audit
* Track record of producing accurate financial statements on a timely basis to senior administrative, program, development managers as well as Finance Committee and Board
* Proficiency with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge
* Strong Excel skills used for financial analysis and systems data
* Experience managing a non-profit audit
* Detail oriented and committed to accurate entries into the General Ledger
* Ability and experience working closely with program and development functions of the organization
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Flexibility and problem solving approach to accounting and budgeting issues as well as options
* Curious nature and ability to ask good questions
* Interest in and experience with non-profit missions
Solar One, a nonprofit leader in New York City on the cutting edge of sustainability programming, is seeking an Accountant to oversee and manage it's 501c3 accounting and budgetary processes, GAAP requirements, and financial reporting in an…
Solar One is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We are committed to diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status. EOE/AA/Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until filled.
Solar One is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We are committed to diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex…