SV@Home is the voice for affordable housing in the Silicon Valley. SV@Home is a 501c3 nonprofit housing advocacy organization advocating for policies, programs, land use, and funding that increase the supply of affordable housing in Santa Clara County. At present, SV@Home has a nine-person staff and a 19-member Board of Directors.
SV@Home is seeking a motivated, detail oriented, and driven candidate to support our policy and advocacy efforts. The Planning Associate will assist in developing and implementing SV@Home’s portfolio of land use campaigns. This position reports to the Deputy Director. Duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Policy and Advocacy
- Developing and implementing land use campaign strategies that implement SV@Home’s housing affordability goals.
- Working with local officials and stakeholders to gain support for land use campaigns and projects.
- Testifying at public meetings and participating, as needed, on task forces and committees.
- Preparing comment letters and activating advocacy tools to engage members and community members.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with key staff.
- Supporting efforts to establish and maintain relationships with local elected officials.
Events and Communication
- Supporting events that provide educational and networking opportunities for SV@Home members.
- Supporting efforts to change the conversation through social media and other communication channels.
- Managing SV@Home’s developer roundtable.
- Preparing blog posts and other written communication on land use and housing topics.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in a policy, campaign, or advocacy role is required.
- Strong understanding of local government, the local political and policy landscape, and land use planning principles is desired. While not required, an understanding of housing and community development is a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and familiarity with social media platforms.
- Must have a start-up attitude, be well organized at handling multiple tasks, work well in a team environment, and have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible, nimble, and able to perform well under pressure.
- $65,000 to $75,000 annual salary based on qualifications.
- Medical, dental/vision, vacation, sick, holidays, and retirement plan.
SV@Home is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived gender identity, age, or sexual orientation.
Medical, dental/vision, vacation, sick, holidays, and retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 2. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Planning Associate Application” in the subject line of your email. Phone calls will not be entertained.