160 High Street
GraceWorks After School & Child Care Program, is seeking high energy, hands-on, certified teachers for our Toddler/Preschool classroom. We pride ourselves on offering a high quality, play-oriented environment and seek experienced Toddler/ Preschool teachers who are passionate about nurturing & supporting children as they develop into lifelong learners.
What you’ll do as a teacher at Graceworks:
· Use play to develop a love of learning in the small children in your care
· Develop and implement an age-appropriate curriculum
· Read to and engage with children throughout the day
· Assess children’s development and work with families to ensure continued progress
· Come up with creative ways to engage the kids in the community
· Love the public library? Arrange visits.
· Interested in nature? The Mystic River is a short walk away.
· Find history fascinating? The Medford Historic Society is down the street.
· There’s so much right at our fingertips!
· Help build an awesome community right in our midst!
Our ideal teacher:
· Loves getting his or her hands dirty with messy, sensory activities
· Finds the idea of exploring our community on foot exciting
· Wishes there was more time for outdoor play every day
· Is super collaborative and loves working as part of a team
· Wants to build upon what s/he has learned in his/her early childhood coursework (degree
· Laughs rather than cries when dealing with small children and the (hopefully fun!) challenges
they can present
See yourself in this role? Please send a resume & cover letter
Minimum Education Required