Rocketship Public Schools (http://www.rocketshipschools.org/) is a network of public K through 5
charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent
schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted
tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe
that truly transformative schools do more than education students; they empower teachers, engage
parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship schools are located in the Bay Area, Nashville, Milwaukee, and Washington, DC but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We’re opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
The Financial/Accounting Analyst is a full-time, exempt position. The Analyst will be responsible
for supporting accounts receivable and cash accounting activities. The Analyst will analyze
revenue and cash related financial data across the organization to support forecasting, reporting
and long-term strategic planning. The candidate will also support the use and optimization of
finance and accounting systems. The successful candidate will have experience with accounting
processes and principles, be comfortable working with complex financial data and systems, and look to form collaborative working relationships.
● Accounting for accounts receivables and associated cash transactions, along with reporting,
forecasting and planning
● Researching and analyzing funding sources along with timing and reconciliation of amounts
● Support the preparation of financial reports for internal and external audiences (i.e.
Authorizers, Board, Leadership etc.)
● Assist in the implementation of new systems and automation of financial processes
● Support in the development and maintenance of financial models for purposes of budgeting,
forecasting and strategic planning
● Analyze monthly and quarterly revenue results and forecasts across organization
● Commitment and passion for Rocketship’s mission, vision, and goals
● 2-3 years minimum experience in accounting, forecasting and planning
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (strong Accounting knowledge required)
● Strong understanding of, and experience with, accounting principles and financial
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and strong general information systems experience and
● Experience with Adaptive Insights, highly preferred
● Experience with accounting systems, such as Intacct, required
● Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
● Ability to creatively translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● This role is primarily based out of our Redwood City, CA national office.
● Periodic travel around the Bay Area may be required to visit schools and San Jose
regional office, but is estimated to be less than 5%
Minimum Education Required