Communicating with Communities Project Manager, Rohingya Refugee Camps, Bangladesh
- Job posted by Fondation Hirondelle
Full Time Contract
Fondation Hirondelle is launching a new project to support improved two-way communications between refugee populations and humanitarian organizations in the Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh. As a part of this new project, we are recruiting a Project Manager to oversee all aspects of implementation of its activities in the camps. The Project Manager in Bangladesh is responsible for overall implementation of Fondation Hirondelle’s project and its action plan. She/he will contribute to the evolution of Fondation Hirondelle strategy in the country. She/he will represent Fondation Hirondelle, its values, its mission and its program in country. The project manager reports to the program manager based in Switzerland and supervises the production manager in the field.
Main responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage all local employees and 1 expatriate staff.
- Define the project’s action plan and ensure on-time implementation of activities; responsible for monitoring progress on all activities and indicators and reporting to HQ and donors.
- Regularly identify and analyze the populations’ needs, anticipates changes in context that would impact the project and propose solutions.
- Represent Fondation Hirondelle with partners, donors, and coordinating groups.
- Ensure coordination of activities with project partners.
- Financial and administrative management of all activities in Bangladesh; responsible for the use of all project resources.
- Fundraising at field level for Fondation Hirondelle operations in Bangladesh.
- Communicate on project implementation with external actors and potential partners.
- Minimum 3 years field experience managing projects in refugee camps or crisis situations
- Experience in communicating with communities programming and/or media development desired.
- Excellent coordination and communications skills.
- A problem-solver who is flexible, thrives in challenging contexts and works well under pressure.
- Experience working in a multicultural and multilingual context.
- Experience working in a humanitarian crisis situation or refugee camp.
- Experience working with Rohingya populations or in Southeast Asia an advantage.
Contract: This position is based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. It is ideally a 6 month posting, with the possibility of shorter assignments.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English required; Bengali a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27, 2018.