1200 S. 336th St.
Job Title: Director of Operations and Housing Development
Reports To: CEO
Classification: 1.0 FTE
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Operations and Housing Development is responsible for assisting the CEO in the daily
management of MSC’s agency operations. In conjunction with CEO and co-developer(s) is responsible for
the oversight of all stages of MSC’s affordable housing development projects and properties. This position
assumes responsibility for the agency in the absence of the CEO.
LOCATION: Multi-Service Center
1200 S. 33th Street
Federal Way, WA 98003
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assume responsibility for the agency in absence of the CEO
· Work with CEO and Finance Director to establish the agency’s annual budget
· Collect and compile all required program statistics (from senior management team) according to deadlines for some reports and dispositions
· Assist with agency initiatives and change efforts such as incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusivity principles, ensuring key staff are trained in trauma informed service approaches, and other initiatives or pilot projects as appropriate.
· Assume overall responsibility for keeping the agency current with Department of Commerce Organizational Standards requirements and the WA State Quality Award requirement
· Ensure that the Community Needs Assessment is completed according to deadlines every 3 years
· Oversee CSBG contract implementation, application process, and reporting requirements
· Review incoming contracts and agency insurance plans. Complete agency insurance applications as needed
· Represent the agency at community functions and on community boards and/or committees
· Attend senior management team meetings
· Assist CEO and other staff with legislative advocacy as appropriate
· Work collaboratively with CEO, senior management team and board of directors on strategic planning and quality improvement efforts
· Identify and evaluate opportunities for innovation, growth, and beneficial partnerships and make recommendations to CEO. May also include some implementation duties and/or oversight.
· Make reports to the Board as requested by CEO. This position is required to attend monthly Board and Finance Committee meetings
· Assist with customer grievances as appropriate
· Work collaboratively with CEO and Human Resources Director to implement and support agency-wide programs to support staff retention, staff development and staff morale
· Other duties as assigned
· Identify, research, and evaluate new affordable housing projects aligned with MSC’s mission in conjunction with the CEO
· Represent MSC at Housing Development Consortium meetings, project construction meetings, and other industry organizations as requested by CEO
· Work with CEO and co-developer to obtain pre-development, acquisition, construction and permanent financing and develop project schedules and pro formas. Oversee projects to ensure that they are completed on time, benchmarks are met and developer’s fees are secured
· Coordinate services for projects with the appropriate MSC programs and departments
· Implement and manage RFP processes that fall under MSC’ purview
· Review all operating agreements, contracts, and other housing development related documents and makes recommendations to the CEO as appropriate
· In conjunction with the CEO, acts as a liaison to tax credit investors and other funders
· Act as a liaison to property management subcontractors to oversee development of property budgets, analyze monthly financials, review property audits, make recommendations, and ensure financial targets are being met. Has authority to approve property capital and non-routine expense requests. Also monitors monthly occupancy for each property.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance requirements are met for all projects and properties.
· Conducts presentations to potential and existing funders as requested by CEO
· Acts as property manager for commercial units at MSC’s Titusville building
· Other duties as assigned
May be required to work some late hours and/or weekends at times.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, business, urban planning, public administration or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have five years of experience in a management position, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Must have at least two years of direct experience with affordable housing development and/or housing programs, with two years in a management or project manager role
- Must have five years of experience in creating, implementing and managing program or department budgets.
- Results Oriented Management and Accountability (ROMA) Implementer certification preferred. If the candidate does not have this certification, he/she must be willing to acquire certification upon hire
- Housing Finance Development Professional certification through National Development Council preferred. If the candidate does not have this certification, he/she must be willing to acquire certification upon hire
- Must be willing to complete the WA State Long Term Care Ombuds training so as to better work with and understand the program and be able to assist CEO and the state LTCOP Director as appropriate
- Must have valid WADL, current insurance and a clean driving record
- Excellent attention to detail and proficient in working with databases
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Use of discretion to maintain fiscal, personnel, and client confidentiality.
- Energetic, flexible, creative, collaborative and proactive. Ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with diverse individuals
- Passion for MSC’s mission
These physical requirements are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to ensure people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. without assistance.
- Walking, standing, and sitting frequently
- Stretching/Reaching, Hand/Finger dexterity, Stooping (bend at waist) frequently
- Mobility and ability to sit for long periods of time
- Work performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
Multi-Service Center does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. Multi-Service Center is an at-will employer.
The wage range for this position is $75,000-$80,000 a year DOE. Medical, dental, vision, LTD, Life Insurance; 401k; paid holidays, paid vacation; paid sick leave
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance, LTD, 401k; paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate must be able to read, write and understand English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume.