40 Rector Street
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is looking for talented and engaging workshop presenters to facilitate in-person and webinar workshops for the Professional Development Workshop Series (PDWS). Each presenter will work with Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City as an independent consultant supporting the Center for Training in its execution of the Professional Development PDWS.
With the vision that all children achieve success, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is committed to empowering other local agencies and organizations that are also providing a positive impact in the lives of children. The PDWS is a catalog of low-cost workshops offered to youth development professionals. Sessions are offered to assist organizations in developing, expanding, and improving their skills and enhancing organizational capacity. Sessions are taught by both Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City staff, and other industry leaders.
The Center for Training provides tools for youth development professionals to develop formalized mentoring programs, resources to support and enhance youth development organizations, and provides low-cost professional development workshops through the PDWS. Since 1992, The Center for Training has been providing training and technical assistance to hundreds of youth development organizations throughout New York City, the United States, and internationally.
The Center for Training is seeking facilitators to address topics relevant to non-profit professionals and youth development organizations. These topics will be facilitated in either traditional classroom-style or webinar format. Areas of focus may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting and empowering immigrant youth
- Crisis intervention
- Curriculum and program planning
- Academic support outside of school
- Other nonprofit professional skills
- Proven success in interactive workshop facilitation
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Proven ability to motivate and engage an audience
- Experience facilitating webinar-style workshops (if facilitating in webinar format)
- Ability to reach an audience with a diverse exposure to working with you ("train-the-trainer" model, direct service, case managers, director-level, etc.)
Minimum Education Required