- Participate in and oversee recruitment, cultivation, and retention of major donors ($2,000+)
- Identify projects / segments of our work that would be appealing to foundations
- Conduct grant research.
- Stay up to date on current funding trends and philanthropy campaigns (via Chronicle of Philanthropy, Neiman Labs, and other sources).
- Coordinate with staff and/or board members on creative ways to package shows for fundraising purposes.
- Develop strategy, design and implementation of one or more online fundraising campaigns per year.
- Coordinate with hosts and studio staff to develop short pitch videos during fundraising appeals.
- Build a local funding strategy.
- Create fundraising appeals and strategies targeting participants both at the events and in follow-up.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge or other donor databases.
- Experience in team-building.
- Proven management skills.
- Knowledge of nonprofit and/or independent media.
- Grasp of current affairs.
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher (or comparable years of experience)
Experience: Minimum 5 years' experience in various aspects of fundraising at an independent media company, including cultivation of major donors, grant writing, social media, and email and paper mail campaigns.