Details: Competitive compensation and benefits package
47 West Street
WHO WE ARE
Located in downtown Boston, Bridge Over Troubled Waters is the city’s premier organization dedicated to transforming the lives of runaway, homeless and high risk youth through safe, supportive, and encouraging relationships and effective and innovative services that guide them toward self-sufficiency and fulfilling, meaningful futures. After more than 40 years, it remains a national model and program incubator for youth development services which are effective in helping the most troubled and vulnerable homeless youth to turn their lives around. If you care about making a difference in the lives of young people, we are interested in hearing from you! To learn more about us, visit www.bridgeotw.org.
Bridge serves a diverse population of young people and values a similar diversity in our staff and volunteers. For this reason, we strongly encourage members of under-represented groups to apply for our employment opportunities.
The Residential Counselor will be responsible for the daily supervision of the residents of our Transitional Living Program.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervise the activities of residents in the program
- Orient new youth to the program
- Maintain an active client caseload
- Provide residents with advocacy, referrals, crisis intervention and supportive counseling
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate service plans with residents
- Ensure residents are following the guidelines and expectations of the program; giving consequences or discharging when appropriate
- Monitor residents behaviors to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them
- Assist residents in maintaining household standards of cleanliness
- Coordinate recreational activities
- Assist in the maintenance of program statistics and client records
- Participate in weekly program staff meeting
- Participate in monthly all staff meeting
- Ensure that all activities, services and programs through Bridge are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Bridge clients
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or Human Services
- Previous experience in one or more of the following: homelessness, substance abuse or human services organizations through internships or work experience
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and continuous clean record of driving
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
We provide competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer paid Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal and Birthday Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Minimum Education Required