District of Columbia
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy group in the country, is seeking passionate, dedicated professionals for this new role. The Federal Campaigns Team Coordinator will be fully dedicated to the Federal Campaigns team, supporting the team’s day-to-day work and ongoing projects. We’re looking for a flexible problem-solver with exceptional attention to detail and initiative to take on projects big and small: from coordinating the team’s budget and the director’s travel, to taking on a key role in ongoing department work including supporting our political action committee and candidate endorsement program. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone pursuing a career in politics or federal legislative work.
The four main planks of the job are:
- Communications and Document management – manage shared drive, provide research support, draft early versions of documents, and help develop presentations. Copyediting as needed.
- Scheduling and travel – help provide calendar support for team-wide and firm-wide events and meetings. Plan travel for the Managing Director of Federal Campaigns, and occasionally assist other team members as needed.
- Accounting and contracts – manage vendor contracts, track expenses and invoices.
- Management and Support for Varied Political Projects – oversee and support ongoing federal campaigns team projects relating to the 2018 elections and longer term goals as needed.
To be successful in this job, you must have:
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Passion for providing excellent customer service to internal and external constituents
- Emotional intelligence to develop strong relationships across multiple teams
- Initiative and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done well
- A strong interest of current events including the U.S. political climate, gun lobby activity and activity around the upcoming campaign cycles
- 1-3 years of professional experience, with documented success in operations, politics, or as an assistant
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization and in an open-plan office
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to rapidly shift between multiple projects and priorities
- Persistent and dogged in the face of obstacles
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with Google Apps for Business a plus
- Familiarity with Westlaw/LexisNexis a plus, but not required
Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense policies that will reduce gun violence and save lives. Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than three million supporters and more than 125,000 donors. Our supporters include moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans who are fighting for reforms that respect the Second Amendment and protect people. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and the Everytown Survivor Network. Learn more at www.everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.<blockquote>Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.</blockquote>
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please visit our jobs page on our site and provide a thoughtful cover letter and resume. Please label your materials with your full name. Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.