25701 Science Park Dr.
Reporting to the Development Officer/ Women’s Philanthropy Director, the full time Women’s Philanthropy Associate facilitates and implements the initiatives in the Jewish community that focus on women. These initiatives include the Women’s Campaign, a segment of the Campaign for Jewish Needs and its programming; outreach and engagement and its programming; and leadership development and related programming. As a member of the larger core campaign team, the Women’s Philanthropy Associate introduces people, with an emphasis on younger women and/or newly engaged women, and encourages participation and future involvement in the Jewish community as leaders, donors and volunteers.
- Implement a plan for the Women’s Campaign which will establish quantifiable and measurable goals and related strategies for programmatic, fundraising, volunteer, and operational activities.
- Maintain a campaign tracking and reporting system that will provide lay and professional leadership with timely and accurate operating information.
- Partnering with the Federations Events Planner, manage and coordinate the event logistics for all Women’s Philanthropy activities. Identify lay leadership and cultivate new and existing donors.
- Engage women in the community to increase activity and participation in all areas of the Federation activities.
- Work with YLD professionals and major gift and development officers to foster a culture for Jewish philanthropy for women.
- Collaborate with HRD to implement a plan to train leaders for broader Federation leadership responsibility in an effort to strive for gender parity throughout the Federation.
- Coordinate with other internal departments to promote programs that engage women in the activities of the department and create a stronger connection with other local Jewish and general Cleveland communities, Israel, and St. Petersburgh, Russia.
- Continue to reach out to and involve younger women post YLD.
- Cultivate and develop a portfolio of women related to the above activities.
- Additional relevant duties as they are assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Strong commitment to the Federation’s mission and an ability to interpret this mission.
- Knowledgeable about the Jewish community.
- Interest in development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with donors.
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time and meet deadlines.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficient in Windows, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and fundraising database software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to work “after hours” including Saturday nights, Sundays and evenings.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of development focused experience.
About the Federation:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is a 110-year-old community cornerstone that aspires to leave no community member behind. Rooted in traditional Jewish values of justice (tzedek), repairing the world (tikkun olam), acts of loving kindness (gemilut hesed), and Jewish peoplehood (klal yisrael), we commit our values into action every day. By honoring and respecting those who have come before us, and paving the way for those who will come after, we exist to build a better world and care for those who share it. Together we make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in the Cleveland area and worldwide.
- Affordable medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick days
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Plain Dealer Top Workplaces 2015
- We offer an environmentally friendly work-space
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to email@example.com.