Details: Compensation of $28-33 per hour, dependent upon experience and qualifications, paid bi-weekly
2720 Taylor Street
TITLE: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
ORGANIZATION: San Francisco Marin Medical Society
LOCATION: 2720 Taylor Street, Suite 450, San Francisco
REPORTS TO: CEO/Executive Director and Associate Executive Director
STATUS: Non-exempt employee
HOURS OF WORK: Normal hours 9am-5pm M-F.
COMPENSATION: $28-33 per hour DOE
START DATE: As soon as possible
The San Francisco Marin Medical Society (SFMMS) is the oldest county medical society in California. SFMMS was established to improve the health of San Francisco and Marin residents by uniting and supporting the local physician community and serving their professional needs. SFMMS is a component medical society of the California Medical Association (CMA).
Supports the CEO/Executive Director, board of directors and certain committees of the board. Performs a variety of essential skilled administrative duties and provides general office support. During business hours, serves as the organization’s first impression on the phone and in person.
Administrative and general office support, file and equipment maintenance, routine HR and accounting tasks, administrative procedure development, member assistance.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supports the CEO/Executive Director, board of directors, and certain committees of the board.
- Tasks include: composing correspondence; preparing board and committee agenda packets; taking meeting minutes; arranging appointments and meetings, and scheduling meeting rooms; handling phone calls; maintaining tickler system; organizes and maintains paper and electronic files.
- Maintains master board and committee lists.
- Collaborates with Associate Executive Director, Membership and Marketing to assure committee appointments are correctly documented in membership database.
- Prepares and collects Nominations Committee materials and coordinates annual election.
- Prepares materials for annual House of Delegates.
- Maintains Executive Director Calendar and master vacation schedule.
- Assures that computers, phones, faxes, copiers, postage meters and other office equipment are in a good working order. Negotiates and maintains rental contracts as necessary.
- Assists Associate Executive Director, Membership and Marketing in planning and coordinating certain special events, including annual gala and general membership meeting,
- Coordinates visits by special guests (such as Japanese Hiroshima survivors physician mission and candidates).
- Assists CEO in routine HR tasks.
- Assists bookkeeper/accountant in payroll and basic accounting tasks.
- With co-workers, provides customer service, including responding to member inquiries.
- Provides office support, including greeting guests, answering and directing phone calls, opening mail and distributing to appropriate staff.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of privileged information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience – Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative support role or executive assistant, including experience dealing with Boards and Committees. Must be able to take accurate minutes for Board and Executive Committee. Prior experience in a health care setting a plus.
- Experience dealing with the public both on the phone and in person in a customer service capacity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Flexibility to work one evening per month to staff monthly Board and Executive Committee meetings and other occasional evenings/weekends as needed.
- Well organized, with demonstrated ability to organize projects, follow through on assignments, work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and produce accurate, high-quality work products. Ability to juggle multiple assignments smoothly and professionally. Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence, informational memos and reports.
- Excellent communications skills. Pleasant and cheerful telephone voice and professional appearance. Willingness to be helpful to members, the public and co-workers at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other employees and members in team effort.
- Reliable, honest, courteous, enthusiastic and cooperative.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information at all times.
- Essential Functions – Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone and other devices. Ability to hear, answer, and respond to telephone calls. Must be physically able to stand or sit for extended periods, be positioned in front of a computer monitor for extended periods, and be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Some automobile travel within California may be required.
- A full-time 35-hour work week; position scheduled to work from 9:00am-5:00pm including a required 1-hour unpaid lunch break
- 10 paid holidays, plus one personal day, per year
- Accrued paid vacation (10 days per year) and paid sick time (7 hours per month)
- Personal health, dental, and vision coverage for employee
- 401k retirement plan and life insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications should submit their resume and cover letter outlining the personal and professional qualities which make you the ideal candidate for the position to:
San Francisco Marin Medical Society
2720 Taylor Street, Suite 450
San Francisco, CA 94133
Fax: (415) 561-0833
NO PHONE CALLS
The San Francisco Marin Medical Society is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.