Details: Compensation Commensurate with Experience
91 Larkspur Street
Canal Alliance is seeking an ESL Supervisor to provide supervision and coordination for the ESL program. The ESL Supervisor reports to the ESL Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position. Candidates should have the ability to work Monday-Friday, including regular evenings.
About the Organization
Canal Alliance is a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment. We believe everyone has the right to achieve their dreams. Every day, we educate, empower, support, and partner with motivated immigrants to best meet all their unique needs—from putting food on the table, to becoming American citizens, to learning English, to graduating from college. Because when we support immigrants, Marin becomes a place where everyone can live, work, and succeed.
The Canal Alliance ESL program serves approximately 700 adult students each year, in over 50 classes from beginning to high intermediate levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Train, schedule, supervise, support and evaluate volunteer teachers and aides
- Coordinate program meetings and training's
- Coordinate student events
- Coordinate registration process
- Monitor and order program and office supplies
- Input student attendance, student achievement data, and volunteer attendance in Excel and/or Salesforce
- Support student retention strategies
- Coordinate teacher and class scheduling
- Support progress monitoring for ESL students
- Provide support to ESL Manager as needed
- Participate in team and agency meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Knowledge of effective ESL instruction
- Ability to track and analyze data to monitor progress towards milestones
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with clients, staff, and volunteers
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Competency using Outlook, Excel, Word and data systems
This is a full-time position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, 12 days of sick leave a year and 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance. In addition, there are 12 paid holidays annually, a 403(b) retirement plan, a Flex cafeteria plan, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance program.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Minimum 1-year ESL and/or adult education experience
- Experience working with low-income and/or immigrant populations
- Bilingual in Spanish/English (required)
Minimum Education Required