232 East 84th Street
The Liberty Fund is the first city-wide charitable bail fund dedicated to reducing the number of New Yorkers subjected to pretrial detention due to their financial inability to post bail. The Liberty Fund is a registered 501(c) not for profit organization consisting of licensed bail bond agents. We operate citywide with offices in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, and Queens.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as the Liberty Fund continues to grow. A new full-time position in the organization, the Development Director is responsible for building and executing the development plan.
- Develop and execute the Liberty Fund’s annual fundraising plan that includes a strategy for cultivating donors and securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Proactively seek new grant funding opportunities at the city, state, and federal level
- Write and edit grant proposals and concept papers in response to government RFPs
- Work closely with Board members to identify prospective donors and oversee strategies for involving the Board in donor cultivation and solicitation. He/she will coordinate and facilitate the Board’s involvement in meeting personal fundraising goals
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Conduct face-to-face solicitations with prospects and donors
- Create and maintain the development budget and timelines for achieving the established goals and objectives
- Ensure proper recording and reporting of all fundraising efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Development and fundraising, ideally for a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated ability to raise money through a variety of channels
- Demonstrated experience writing and submitting grant proposals
- Familiarity and experience dealing with the criminal justice system a plus
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and computer skills
We offer a competitive salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=36649787-97b0-4130-b8d5-6cf311accabb&jobId=259044&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001