1730 Rhode Island Avenue, NW
The mission of the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) is to build the capacity of our members so they can help older adults and people with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible. n4a is a 501(c)(3) membership association representing America’s national network of 622 Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) and providing a voice in the nation’s capital for the more than 250 Title VI Native American aging programs. Our vision is to build a society that values and supports people as they age.
The Communications Associate will help to develop and implement communications strategies and tactics that align with organizational goals and objectives, including strengthening n4a’s brand and reputation. The ideal candidate will be a passionate communicator with solid writing, web and social media expertise, as well as a strong interest in older adults, aging and disabilities, health care and/or social services. The ideal candidate will also be a strong editor, an efficient time and project manager, organized and detail-oriented, creative and forward-thinking, and a team player able to juggle multiple projects daily.
This position reports to n4a’s Director of Communications and is based in n4a’s Washington, DC office.
- Manage and maintain multiple websites, including developing and posting content, and working with vendors to ensure websites are properly maintained
- Have a familiarity with search engine optimization and Google Analytics; provide recommendations to improve user experience and update technology.
- Publish e-newsletters as well as other electronic and print communications
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing strategies, messaging and the production of social media content. Contribute to the development of a robust editorial and promotional calendar
- Manage all aspects related to webinars, including selecting dates, working with featured speakers and partners, and coordinating content and recordings
- Assist in the development and production of a variety of n4a collateral materials
- Manage vendor and partner relationships to facilitate an efficient process for the completion of projects
- Provide multimedia support at conferences and other events, including taking photographs and video recordings, as needed
- As part of n4a’s Communications team, support the communications needs of n4a projects and programs
- Actively engage with n4a members to support grassroots outreach, policy advancement and other strategic goals
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; preference will be given to candidates with academic credentials in communications, public relations or related fields
- Two to four years of paid, full-time experience working in communications and/or public relations, preferably with a cause-driven nonprofit organization or an integrated communications agency with nonprofit clients
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (a writing test may be given)
- Ability to consistently apply n4a’s voice and style, while using varied writing styles depending on format and audience
- Proven ability to meet goals amid competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision, if needed
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that will further enhance a work environment that is collegial and creative
- Quick thinker with demonstrated problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills
- Must have an all-hands-on-deck attitude and a willingness to pitch in when needed
n4a has an excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, a one to two-page writing sample and salary requirements/history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the job title in the email subject line. The application closing date is October 19, 2018. We cannot respond to all applications and unsolicited phone calls or emails will not be returned.