Title: Program Director
Reports to: Senior Director of Community Resources
Location: Courtland SRO Program
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Community Resources, the Program Director is responsible for the day-to-day program and staff management at the Courtland SRO under the Department of Homeless Services and the Department of Mental Health & Hygiene.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration and supervision of the daily operations of the SRO.
- Responsible for the supervision of: Administrative Assistant, Senior RA, Clinical Coordinator, and the Nurse.
- Participate in check-in meetings with funder, and supervision with supervisor.
- Ensure that all incidents have incident reports completed and shared with supervisor and funder. In addition, high-level incident reports must be followed up and documented with final determinations.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Community Resources and the Psychiatric Nurse and staff regarding service plans and treatment options.
- Administer and supervise the Department of Homeless Services and the Department of Mental Hygiene contract.
- Identify, evaluate, and develop links with community resources for referrals.
- Participate in internal committee’s to increase cross integration and referrals.
- Serve as liaison with community members, DHS, OMHH, and PN.
- Assist with grant writing to secure additional funding for the program.
- Work with staff to develop projects, set goals, and objectives, establish timelines, and oversee program budgets and fiscal operations.
- Prepare and submit corrective action reports, interim reports, stats, and narrative reports to DHS, OMHH, and supervisor.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, training & orientation, and monthly supervision of the staff. Holding monthly staff meetings at the site.
- Ensuring that Fire Drills take place on a quarterly basis.
- Inputting and reviewing data into the Salesforce and funder database system.
- Responsible for completing on a monthly basis the service of levels form for the Department of Human Resources.
- Prepare a monthly narrative report regarding program stats and updates.
- Responsible for obtaining the HRA referrals for the Supportive Housing Applications.
- Ensure that all documentation is ready for the bi-annual audits from the funder.EEnsure that apartments are turned over expeditiously and interviews are scheduled in order to meet target of 60.
- Participation in internal committee’s such as: BExT, Social Emotional Learning, Quarterly Managers Meetings, All Staff, Policy, Management & Training, Performance Evaluation, Progressive Discipline.
- Responsible for ensuring that all of the staff receive consistent professional development on: Mental Health, Smoking Cessation, Cultural Competency, Suicide Assessment, Trauma, Substance Abuse, Domestic Violence.
- Responsible for administrative task such as: timesheets, petty cash, check request, purchase requisitions, vacation request, personal day, annual evaluations, and other matters deemed necessary by the Senior Director of Community Resources.
- Additional task deemed necessary by the Senior Director.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling or five years experience in the human services field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience working with the mentally ill, economically disadvantaged, entitlement recipients and “at risk populations. Bilingual preferred.
- Capacity to multi-task and to provide clinical supervision and training to the Clinical Coordinator.
- Previous work experience with the Department of Homeless Services or the Department of Mental Hygiene preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organization and interpersonal skills, and computer literate.