Museum of Science
Advancement Coordinator- Leadership & Planned Giving
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Advancement Coordinator of Leadership and Planned Giving will provide the administrative infrastructure for all front line major gift fundraisers. This position will provide monthly activity reports, prospects briefings, meeting planning and coordinate large-scale cultivation events and programs to optimize the fundraising potential of the department. As a liaison to our third party direct planned giving communication provider, the Advancement Coordinator will insure that the planned giving communication plan is on-time and produced as directed. This position will support the Museum's largest donors, key leadership volunteers, and Boston business leaders in their roles as volunteers for the Museum.
- Provide Senior Director monthly fundraising activity reports monitoring fundraising progress for 7 major gift fundraisers to assess progress.
- Oversee organizational and communication materials for 12 prospect management meetings, 12 LG pipeline meetings, 4 departmental retreats, 50 stand-up meetings, and approximately 10 as hoc cultivation meetings and/or dinners to optimize departmental organization.
- Project coordinate a minimum of 4 large scale cultivation vehicles aimed at demonstrating mission to prospective donors.
- Work over 30 events annually; 20 to cultivate future and current donors and 10 aimed at feeding the major gift pipelines to support major gift solicitations; some weekend and evening work required.
- Provide administrative support for 10-12 board committee meetings annually.
- For 30 events and or meetings, provide pre- and post- follow-up invitations, formulation of guest lists, includes both events held at the Museum the home of the President, or key volunteers.
- Create over 30 briefings annually for President, Senior Management and/or program managers to clarify solicitation and cultivation strategies.
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday with some weekend and evening work required.
Sr. Director, Leadership Gifts.
- Post HS course work, technical degree, associate's degree or business certificate.
- Three (3) or more years of administrative experience.
- Ability to manage calendars, meeting schedules and project timelines.
- Familiarity with budgeting, and database management.
- Proven written and oral communication skills, as well as customer relations skills are necessary.
- Ability to multi- task in a fast paced environment.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.