The JET Employment Coordinator / Job Developer provides best-in-class career development, job placement and job retention support to a diverse client population through resume and interview preparation, job coaching, career planning, advancement support, skills development and trainings and certifications. Your mission is to develop strong relationships with clients in order to provide a safe space to remove barriers to employment and remain engaged with us for one year or longer.
As a Job Developer you will bridge the gap between employer and job seeker and establish strong business accounts that result in direct placement of JET Members in viable and sustainable employment. The Job Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining successful relationships with prospective and existing businesses by utilizing innovative methods of engagement.
Due to COVID-19, This position is hybrid remote/onsite
A personalized cover letter is required to apply
- Develop strong working relationships with participants in order to help participants secure and maintain viable and long-lasting employment.
- Attend weekly meetings with Director of Business Development to explore additional employer linkages and opportunities
- Assist Team members with Employer Verification
- Provide career readiness, career/vocational counseling assistance with job search and job retention to participants that results in meeting monthly job placement and retention targets
- Successfully secure weekly/monthly metrics of unsubsidized employment placements, including part-time and/ or full-time employment of 20 hours a week or more
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers (small and large business accounts) in order to generate job opportunities for members
- Provide case management to assist participants in removing barriers to employment by making connections to necessary services both within and outside Henry Street Settlement.
- Complete basic reporting requirements including, but not limited to, employment document collection, progress notes and client tracking; Ensure reporting requirements are completed by deadline dates as assigned
- Identify potential training programs/partners that will enhance participants’ connection to the workforce
- Market job opportunities to jobseekers through one-on-one meetings, on-site recruitment events and social media outlets.
- Facilitate vocational, work readiness, and personal development groups virtually or in-person.
- Attend meetings, workshops, and conferences, as requested.
- Travel to multiple service sites within the division as needed.
- Participate in case management, staff and supervisory meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Social Service experience needed with 2-5 years of experience. Case management or workforce development experience a plus
- This position is not a Human Resources role
- Passion for and ability to serve diverse groups including those who are under- and unemployed, young adults, justice-involved, LGBTQIA, and older adults.
- Demonstrated experience providing comprehensive assessment and case management services to large caseload.
- Demonstrated experience effectively teaching or facilitating groups and individuals to achieve a desired outcome using up-to-date techniques/methods.
- Self-motivated, able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure both as an individual and member of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills required, ability to effectively conduct meetings, trainings, groups preferred.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required, various data collection software required, database maintenance required, web/cloud-based programs required, targeted internet research required, social media (including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, CareerBuilder, etc.) preferred, web-based mailing services preferred, experience using Outcomes/Resume Video database a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program