Finance Officer - NGO Guatemala - Immediate Start
- Job posted by Education for the Children Foundation
Escuela Proyecto La Esperanza
1a Avenida #25A Colonia La Asunción
EFTC is looking for a highly motivated individual, who believes in the value of education and is interested in developing their career further in accountancy and finance.
The successful candidate will be in charge of day-to-day bookkeeping in Guatemala (using quickbooks online), providing management information and monitoring the annual Guatemalan and US budgets.
The post is a full time contract based in out Guatemalan Office (7:45am-4pm Monday to Friday). The successful applicant will report directly to the Foundation Director in Guatemala and liaise with the Finance Manager in the UK office.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
The Finance Officer’s key responsibilities, as follows, are non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required and assigned.
- Producing monthly management accounts in a timely fashion working with the relevant department heads to determine performance and plan any necessary action to get back on track. This requires that Quickbooks has been updated daily.
- Keep the legal management of the Foundation in order and up to date, ensuring that all Guatemalan laws are complied with: tax declarations, monthly payroll, petty cash management and related tasks, issuing of invoices for services and donations, management of restricted funds, amongst others.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of professional and personal development in the role
- Work with department heads to monitor the annual budget for the School.
- Produce the monthly reconciled accounts for the USA to tight timescales, review both this information and the information provided by the UK ( on QuickBooks), ensure these are reconciled and produce consolidated global accounts.
- Produce management information in a timely fashion for the Trustees of the Foundation about the financial situation of each country, analyzing and measuring the actual performance against the budget and undertaking cash-flow projections.
- Work with colleagues globally to produce the annual budget for the Foundation and input to QuickBooks.
- Liaise with UK Board, USA Board, UK Office and local external accountant as necessary to ensure financial requirements are met.
- Promote the EFTC mission, vision and core value at all times!
This is a monthly salary position, this can vary slightly depending on the successful candidates level of experience. EFTC is a small to medium sized NGO based in Jocotenango and offers locally competative wages.
Level of Language Proficiency
We are a diverse and bilingual office. The majority of work and input is in English however, day to day conversation in the office etc. will be in Spanish.
- English at high level of proficiency
- Spanish at intermediate (minimum)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your CV and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and send it to:
email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org