Details: Per hour for a 35 Hour Week
4 West 43rd Street
The Women’s Community Justice Project (WCJP) is a new demonstration project at HousingPlus designed to reduce the number of justice-involved women detained on Rikers Island. WCJP provides transitional housing and supportive services that support a woman’s diversion and return to the community. The Social Worker will be part of the WCJP’s administrative staff and will interact closely and provide social work support to the project’s administrative staff, to the staff at the project’s four housing provider programs, and to the women enrolled in the project. Please visit our website www.housingplussnyc.org for more information regarding our agency.
· Communicate with referral agencies regarding project services and eligibility and referral processes, and assist in conducting referral follow-up and case management services for referrals with complex clinical needs.
· Assist intake specialist in reviewing referral documents, specifically providing support around assessing clinical information (medical, behavioral health, trauma history, etc.) to determine eligibility and ensure the most appropriate housing match is created.
· Assist housing specialist with gathering necessary records and documentation needed for supportive housing applications and to pursue other housing plans.
· Establish excellent rapport and communication with project partners in order to conduct project outreach. Conduct ongoing outreach and relationship building.
· Provide in-person transportation assistance and support to women who are newly released from detention as they travel from local courthouses to our housing programs for admission.
· Participate in an on-call rotation schedule to field after hours and weekend referral telephone calls and provide referral assistance.
· Represent WCJP administrative staff and participate in case conferences at housing programs to provide support and interventions to women enrolled in the project.
· Ensure compliance with all project reporting requirements and record all project information in electronic case files and database systems.
· Participate in bi-monthly staff meetings and other project meetings.
· Maintain confidential information.
· Other duties as assigned.
Benefits include (Health, Vision, Dental), Retirement Plan, LTD and generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) policy
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email résumé and detailed cover letter and add WCJP Social Worker subject line.