801 Third Avenue Suite 700
Family Law CASA seeks a dynamic, dedicated, and proven Development Manager to be a key member of the organization’s development team. The Development Manager will play a key role in developing and executing a $1M annual fundraising plan and a strategic communications plan to increase local awareness of Family Law CASA. This position is responsible for overseeing fundraising efforts including individual giving, donor retention, and events management. The ideal candidate is well-versed in donor-centered best practices and has the desire and experience to help take an established organization and mission to its next level of growth. Reporting to the Executive Director, this works closely with a Major Donor and Grants Specialist, and the Board of Directors.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Development Coordination: Coordinates gift processing, donor records, and gift acknowledgments. Works with the Development Team to identify and research potential funders. General assistance with maintenance of donor records, data entry, and supporting additional fund development projects, as needed.
- Events Coordination: Coordinates planning and logistics for donor and fundraising events, including fall auction, winter volunteer appreciation, and spring breakfast (event registration, guest management, and support of donor communications). Works closely with the Development Team to implement opportunities for donor recognition, stewardship, and appreciation.
- Volunteer Coordination: Recruits and communicates with volunteers for all program and development events. Maintains up to date records of volunteers in Salesforce and conducts background checks as needed.
- Major Donor Gifts Program: Assist the Major Donor and Grants Specialist and development team on the major donor gifts program, including providing logistical support, attending meetings, tracking progress, maintaining existing major donor relationships, and implementing strategies to identify potential new major donors.
- Development Budget: Manage the development budget and operate within budget.
- Donor Communications: Under the direction of the Executive Director, lead effort to create scheduled fundraising appeals, direct mail, email, and other fundraising communication resources as defined by the Fund Activities Plan.
- Grants: Support Major Donor and Grants Specialist and team with grant acquisition process.
- Board of Directors: Work with the Development Committee, Executive Director, and other key board members to encourage a culture of philanthropy.
- Donor Data Management: Accurately input and manage donor data and provide reports as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Proficient skill level in Salesforce and Quickbooks
- Strong desire to grow into Development Director role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with diverse communities or at organizations with a focus on serving children
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Passion for the mission and goals of Family Law CASA
· Major gift or capital campaign experience
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree or CFRD preferred
· Able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Family Law CASA offers a competitive benefits package with 10 paid holidays and a Personal Day each year, and a 2% salary retirement contribution as well as 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision.
Minimum Education Required