Details: Competitive rate, depending on experience.
FitMoney is a Boston-based nonprofit that aims to build financially fit communities by providing financial literacy education to K-12 public school students. Our multi-year curriculum averages six lessons per year in elementary school and evolves to a modular approach in middle school and high school so lessons can be taught in flexible formats. The curriculum aligns with the Common Core and national financial literacy standards.
We are seeking a part-time Curriculum Developer to join our growing curriculum team. The ideal candidate will be creative and resourceful and must be able to collaborate effectively with nonprofit staff and educators. Experience in teaching, standards-based education, curriculum development, professional development, and assessment is desirable.
- Play a key role in developing and advancing FitMoney’s K-12 financial literacy curriculum
- Enhance K-5 lessons based on teacher feedback and student assessments
- Provide input on FitMoney’s middle and high school curriculum which is in process
- Ensure lesson plans are clear and compelling to teachers and engaging and relevant to students
- Keep current on third-party school-based financial literacy programs and leverage accordingly
- Collaborate with school administrators and teachers to ensure successful implementation
- Develop innovative strategies for the integration of standard and emerging teacher formats
- Correlate educational materials to nation and state curriculum standards
- Assist with building creative teacher training platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Finance, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years in instructional design
- Solid understanding of personal finance concepts
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Self starter with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Commitment to the mission and vision of FitMoney
This role is a 20 per week contract position expected to last through June and potentially longer. Position will require occasional meetings in Newton and potential travel to participating schools.
Minimum Education Required