1881 Madison Avenue
Addicts Rehabilitation Center Fund, Inc. (ARC) located in Harlem, NY is seeking experienced case managers to join its team of substance use disorder clinicians. The Primary Counselor, carrying a caseload of 15 program clients, will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Documenting All participation of client/meetings/sessions/contacts; maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date client charts (treatment plans, utilization reports, case notes, contact information, etc.) as per specification under both OASAS 819 and 820 regulations;
- Meeting with clients on a 3x weekly basis to provide individual therapy and to discuss progress in their treatment plan goals and objectives and outcomes, while supporting the dignity and independence of the clients;
- Provide support, crisis intervention and monitor program participants in their progress in every clinical area including the development of safe social activities and associates;
- Reviewing the rules and regulations of the program in individual sessions to ensure that the program client knows and understands the purpose of ARC and the rules and regulations that govern ARC;
- Coordinating both internal services (e.g. vocational, financial) and external services outside of the facility (e.g. medical follow-up) services for the clients;
- Must be able to communicate the goals and outcomes for the clients in an effective and professional manner;
- Manage and monitor caseload to maintain documentation requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate individual, family and group therapy sessions.
The Primary Counselor must also perform all other tasks as deemed necessary at the direction of supervisor or Clinical Director to facilitate the treatment plan for clients.
Education: CASAC with BA or Masters preferred
Experience in OASAS and Department of Health licensed programs; preferred
Experience with evidenced based best practices in addiction counseling
At least 3 years of clinical experience in substance abuse treatment.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary of $50,000 to commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and put "Counselor" in the subject. No Calls Please.