Position Summary: Working in partnership with one of the country's most dynamic, progressive voluntary health organizations, you will be an integral part of building the community of patients, families, and business partners at a time when special events have become one of the Foundation’s fastest growing campaigns. As our Fundraising Manager, and guided by senior development professionals, you'll help accomplish our critical mission agenda through developing relationships with volunteer leaders and fundraisers, nurturing corporate partnerships and their creative thinking, which will empower them to succeed. Together we’ll reach the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's goals for funding our critical mission agenda.
In partnership with the Senior Director, Development this position assists with three special events in the Illinois market, with a combined goal of raising $800,000.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Execute fundraising techniques to meet special event revenue targets.
- Develop relationships within the patient and professional community empowering them to tell their stories through direct fundraising
- A successful fundraising manager is one that goes the extra mile to understand the full scope of these diseases and in turn, uses that knowledge to connect with patients in a meaningful way
- Identify, recruit, cultivate and lead relationships with volunteers, teams, donors, participants and committees inspiring and supporting them as they develop personal fundraising plans needed for the success
- Ensure revenue goal is achieved for each event by developing and implementing year-round strategic fundraising plans through sponsorship, ticket/table sales, business partnerships and individual fundraisers who support our Fund the Mission campaign.
- Focused on relationship development, you’ll provide positive customer service to all constituents by responding promptly to requests and providing consistent year-round communication
- Create annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management
- Manage logistics to provide an inspirational day-of event experience for corporate partners and participants
- Communicate our shared vision by utilizing national marketing materials. You’ll develop a marketing and recruitment plan to raise awareness and increase community participation in each event
- A commitment to provide hope to our patients, their families and the wider community through each of our fundraising events
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively across departments at all levels of the organization (both internally & externally)
- A drive to succeed and a willingness to learn
- A commitment to embrace our core values of building trust, accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and resiliency
- BA or BS degree required
- Two years of relevant experience a plus
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships
- Aptitude for planning, budgeting, and time management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Computer skills including basic data management
- Creative thinker/problem solver
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
Minimum Education Required