10404 34th Avenue Southwest
Located in the Arbor Heights neighborhood of West Seattle, Westside serves 350 students in preschool through eighth grade. For 35 years, the school has emphasized knowing and educating the whole child, learning by doing, and the cultivation of creativity across disciplines. Westside’s lower school serves 190 students in Preschool-4th Grade, and is organized into grade level teams comprised of 2 teachers and instructional assistants who collaborate to both implement and design meaningful curriculum.
Reports to: Lower School Head
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Acting as Lead Teacher in one lower school classroom
- Actively collaborating with grade level team
- Communicating regularly with parents
- Serving as a mentor for a classroom instructional Assistant
- Providing community education around early learning as relevant
- Attending faculty and community meetings
Successful candidates will have the following personal and professional attributes:
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in teaching, child development or curriculum design.
- Experience in a variety of instructional techniques and approaches.
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Skill at differentiating instruction
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with colleagues including the desire to plan curriculum experiences across disciplines
- Familiarity and facility with current research informing teaching and learning
Start Date: August 2018
Westside School prepares students for the world by challenging them to achieve academic success, and by connecting their human spirit and imagination to learning.
Westside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required