Director of Data Operations + Analysis
The Director of Data Operations + Analysis will lead Summit’s Data team, ensuring that data and team members are providing excellent data services and support to Summit Public Schools.
This is one of the most cross-functional roles within Summit. This role will work closely with School Leaders + Heads of Schools, external technology vendors, and other stakeholders across the organization to ensure that Summit is utilizing and maintaining its many data systems to manage academic and operational needs. This individual will manage a team of six on the Data team.
The ideal candidate has prior experience managing a team and is able to motivate and inspire direct reports to meet data and operational goals. The ideal candidate also has prior experience in various data software (SQL, Tableau, etc.), is adept at analyzing and assessing data, and possess exceptional project management + relationship building skills.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You'll Do:
- Lead on initial data system set-up and ongoing maintenance, and keeping information systems functional and accessible.
- Maintain accurate and relevant student data from external sources, e.g., state testing, in Summit’s systems.
- Create reports in Tableau, Illuminate, Excel, and other reporting systems as needed.
- Lead evaluation and implementation of systems, technologies, and practices related to data management
- Stay abreast of research and trends involving data software and systems, ensuring that current tools and technologies are incorporated into the team’s work.
- Oversee creation of dashboards and other user-friendly data tools
- Lead and support analyses on big and complex data sets, and communicate key findings clearly and compellingly
- Coach and provide training to partners in schools on data-driven decision making
- Manage all state, federal, and additional required demographic and academic reporting for schools, partnering with school-based personnel to ensure our reporting is accurate, reliable, compliant, and on-time.
- Manage master schedule process for Summit Public School sites, ensuring underlying academic philosophies and values are reflected in the schedule for each school.
- Support recruitment, enrollment, and lottery processes across the organization
Team Management + Collaboration
- Partner with Senior Director of Data + Operations to set a vision and execute against it, including strategic planning, goal setting + progress monitoring
- Coach and evaluate a team of three managers and three specialists who manage Summit’s data systems.
- Partner with relevant parts of the organization on special projects to bring the data perspective to organizational developments
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required