Are you a lawyer tired of working at a big firm? Do you want to help make the world a better place? Do you believe that impact is more important than money? Do you believe that devotion to serving those who serve others is the highest leverage activity you could do? If so – we might want to meet you. Everyday we strive to better serve those who serve others. Our team does this by improving online medical education that teaches health care professionals domestically and abroad how to save lives.
This is an excellent and unique opportunity to work with a company in the healthcare industry. Our company is always actively promoting health awareness, teaching people how to save lives, and providing medical education to healthcare professionals.
We are looking for General Counsel that is capable of the following:
- Develop and implement organization's financial goals;
- Oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks;
- Execute capital-raising strategies to support a firm's expansion;
- Supervise the preparation of the annual budget;
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to formulate insights and opinions around complex business problems;
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs, and increased revenues;
- Improve profitability;
- Review prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends;
- Research compliance issues of varying entities in varying states;
- Reviews all contractual agreements;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills;
- Leadership to transform strategy into successful execution and a passion for operational excellence;
- Strong industry research tools and methodologies;
- Exceptional organizational, negotiation, and problem solving skills;
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute tactically with a strong track record of delivering results;
- Comprehensive ability to direct efforts of cross-functional teams;
- Developing and fostering strong long term business relationships with partners;
- Performing additional ad hoc and situational analyses;
- Review monthly accounting records and operating reports for accuracy, completeness and major variances between actual and budget results;
- Support and execution of key strategy business agreements;
- Prepare summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook; and
- Support and drive research and analysis for broad range of opportunities in the technology industry.
Education and Experience
- JD required;
- Financial background preferred;
- Have a sharp eye for detail especially for costs, expenses, payroll, etc.
- A self-starter who isn’t held back by a lack of direction or detailed instruction. Someone who can take what is given to them and run with it.
- Great at following up with people, setting meetings, writing personable emails, and general communication skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Can handle a variety of detail-oriented tasks with a positive attitude.
- Shows ability to proactively plan workload, adjust to meet deadlines, and provide creative solutions
- Shows a history of integrity and professionalism
- Tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to adapt to a quickly changing business environment;
- A strong team player that values the importance of the success of their overall group;
- Strong editing, writing, and presentation skills;
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 1099 Position (Independent Contractor)
- Work from home, remote position
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required