1326 5th Avenue
Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the global health and “WASH” sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world. To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
· People - People first. People second. People third.
· Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
· Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
· Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
· Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This full-time position can be based in Seattle, Wa, USA; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; or Kolkata, India
Splash is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to oversee our Menstrual Health program. Splash has spent the last two years piloting and researching menstrual health programming in partnership with other organizations. We have identified key areas of focus and are now looking for someone to build a comprehensive program for Menstrual Health.
Over the next five years, Splash is implementing our full WASH program at 100% of government schools in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India. A project that impacts nearly 1 million children attending 1600 schools, a key component to that project is implementing a Menstrual Health program. The PM will design the global strategy, build capacity of the team, and ensure adherence to standards.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Behavior Change and requires close collaboration with country teams.
- Building upon the research and pilots already conducted, the PM will develop and refine Splash’s Menstrual Health approach and standards
- The design with be done in close collaboration with the Sr. Manager of Behavior Change to apply our behavior change strategy and theory of change towards the development
- Lead the testing and evaluation of new initiatives and methods
- Document program design, standards, and curriculum for internal and external use
- Manage the MH annual workplan and associated budget, with close consideration of the broader programmatic workplan
- Engage with other agencies and stakeholders to identify and evaluate collaboration
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MLE) team to identify key performance indicators for the MH program
- Determine the best way to track our MH work within our data management system, and make sure the data is accurate, up to date, and used effectively by MH team members
- Build capacity within the MH team on best practices, as well as interpersonal communication, facilitation skills and leadership
- Contribute to reviews, with regular check-ins of goals and objectives for the MH team
- Facilitate organizational understanding and alignment on the menstrual health program design
- Position Splash as a technical expert in the area of menstrual health through research, writing, conferences and networking
- Stay up to date on relevant best practices to ensure the program is based on sound field-evidence
- Share information regularly between the global team members and the Seattle office
- International travel: 20-30%
BS/BS in a related field such as Gender Studies, Public Health, Global Health, International Development is desired. Qualified candidates should also have at least 5 years of work experience, including 2+ years in international development. WASH experience would be helpful but not required.
Candidates must have a professional level of written and verbal fluency in English and highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You prefer being part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from others
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to improve quality and accomplish objectives
- You have a strong ability to plan, sequence, and prioritize work
- You are an excellent communicator (even across geographically dispersed teams), with the ability to listen, communicate effectively, and build trust
- You demonstrate excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You have a strong interest in global health and international development
- You exhibit cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with remote team members
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
Level of Language Proficiency
Professional level of written and verbal fluency in English; language skills in Amharic or Bengali a plus
Minimum Education Required